Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PulseAudio Control Panels?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Beans
    265
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    PulseAudio Control Panels?

    Is there a Control Panel for PulseAudio in Hardy Heron?

    How do I find it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Beans
    2,185
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    You can install the package padevchooser, via Synaptic or in a terminal window:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install adevchooser
    After installing that, look in Application / Sound & Video, you'll have PulseAudio Device Chooser there. If you click on it, you'll get an extra icon in the top right of the screen which you can click to configure PulseAudio, set volumes etc.

    You can make the PulseAudio Device Chooser start automatically when you login by going to System / Preferences / Sessions and clicking on the Add button. Enter the following for the command to run:

    /usr/bin/padevchooser
    Ubuntu 12.04

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Beans
    265
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    Quote Originally Posted by jespdj View Post
    After installing that, look in Application / Sound & Video, you'll have PulseAudio Device Chooser there.
    Why isn't this installed by default on Ubuntu?

    Otherwise, how are users supposed to control their audio?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    C A N A DA
    Beans
    275
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    Quote Originally Posted by brucewagner View Post
    Why isn't this installed by default on Ubuntu?

    Otherwise, how are users supposed to control their audio?
    I've been asking myself this question too.

    also, when I ran "sudo apt-get install adevchooser" I got:
    "E: Couldn't find package adevchooser"

    I'm assuming I'm missing a repo? I thought I had them all enabled.

    edit: hmm.. it seems I have "/usr/bin/padevchooser" installed already.. however I'm not really sure how to use it. I'm having a hard time as I have 2 sound cards. (yes I need both. 1 for my speakers the other for my headset)
    Last edited by MemoryDump; April 28th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
    Registered Linux User #373810
    Become a Registered Linux User Here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    My dreams
    Beans
    3,555
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Beans
    11
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    Quote Originally Posted by MemoryDump View Post
    I've been asking myself this question too.

    also, when I ran "sudo apt-get install adevchooser" I got:
    "E: Couldn't find package adevchooser"

    I'm assuming I'm missing a repo? I thought I had them all enabled.

    edit: hmm.. it seems I have "/usr/bin/padevchooser" installed already.. however I'm not really sure how to use it. I'm having a hard time as I have 2 sound cards. (yes I need both. 1 for my speakers the other for my headset)
    Thats because the package is padevchooser, try

    Code:
    sudo apt-get install padevchooser pavumeter pavucontrol paprefs paman
    Or check the guide at http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    1,208
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    I went to Applications->Add/Remove then searced for "pulse".
    How To Use Ubuntu - Tips and guides for ubuntu
    How To Make A Band - Tips and ideas for anyone in a band

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Beans
    265
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    Obviously, the GUI user interface & all controls need to be installed BY DEFAULT.

    What were the Ubuntu developers thinking?

    Is there some reason they DIDN'T include them installed by default?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Beans
    265
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: PulseAudio Control Panels?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatty View Post
    I went to Applications->Add/Remove then searced for "pulse".
    And what happened?

    Did that work as well?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •