Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no sound in zsnes

Beans

no sound in zsnes

I'm trying to be nostalgic with zsnes, but the sound isn't working. There aren't too many sound options within zsnes itself for me to play with. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I'm using an hp pavilion zt3000 laptop with ubuntu warty (obviously).

Beans

Re: no sound in zsnes

Quote Originally Posted by vontez
    I'm trying to be nostalgic with zsnes, but the sound isn't working. There aren't too many sound options within zsnes itself for me to play with. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I'm using an hp pavilion zt3000 laptop with ubuntu warty (obviously).
    try running it as a super user. put

sudo zsnes

in console

Beans

Great, running zsnes as root fixed my sound problem.

I added a zsnes menu icon to my Gnome applications menu. Is there a way I can get the program to launch with regular user privileges? Or can I edit my zsnes.desktop file to launch the program as root?

Thanks for the help so far!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

For some reason, even running zsnes as sudo doesn't get my sound working, any ideas? All my other sound works systemwide though. I have an Allegro card.
    Running -
    Home: Apple MacBook Pro (C2D 2.2Ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd, 128mb graphics, Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger & Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04)

Have you guys considered using Snes9x? Its works like a dream on my system and has sound. (The only thing it doesn't do unless root is fullscreen, which is a pain). There's a graphical tool also, GSnes9x, its gtk1, but it makes life easier.
    Craig

kde kirritates kthe kshit koutta kme ksometimes - Magneto

Beans

Hello,

You need to install libsdl1.2debian-esd (or alsa if you don't use esd) from universe. Libsdl1.2debian-oss conflicts with Libsdl1.2debian-esd, so apt/synaptic will remove it. Sound should work with zsnes after that. (It should also work in other sdl applications.)

Beans

check out my AMD64 repository in my sig.
    even though it is an AMD64 repository I have 32-bit zsnes 1.51 and pSX in there, simply apt-get install zsnes. it is compiled with libao support so that sound doesn't sound scratchy, and it may fix your no sound issues. good luck!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

try what's suggested on the second post in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=zsnes+sound.

It worked for me by just leaving esd though. This fixed also sound to other games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

u dont need to mess with no configurations or nothing simply open up terminal..copy and paste this...

zsnes -ad sdl

sound should work perfect... dont type in sudo...that will only allow sound for root... by typing it just that way i gave it to u, all u'll have to do is click the link that was already made and it will work with sound... works perfect

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by bigdee973 View Post
    u dont need to mess with no configurations or nothing simply open up terminal..copy and paste this...

zsnes -ad sdl

sound should work perfect... dont type in sudo...that will only allow sound for root... by typing it just that way i gave it to u, all u'll have to do is click the link that was already made and it will work with sound... works perfect
    this worked great, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast