Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Kilo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Project Kilo

here's a quick copy of my post in the Ubuntu Gamer's Arena

Just finished the new site so I figured I would post it up here and see what people think.

It's a project to create open source commercial grade RPG games for Linux. Games as good as Fable or Final Fantasy or nwn. Because I'm sick of seeing a new RPG coming out for windows and feeling envious for it. I want to create games to make Windows users drool over.

The first game is set in Middle Eastern setting and will be complete with towns cities and it's own language that I'm slowly putting together called Porah.
    It's still in the planning stages and I think it would be a good time to get the open source community involved. And I've also been getting sick of that empty forum. lol
    If anyone has ideas or would like to contribute some concept art that would be great. I want to get as much of the community involved as possible. I plan on once the development has started to have contests so anybody can add something to the project.

Hope you enjoy everything. I'm soon going to upload some concept art that I have made so that some people can get an idea of the art style that the game is going to have.

Also if you don't like the idea, and you feel you must let yourself be heard . Please flame me here and not on the main forum, as I want to keep it constructive as possible.

Thank you

http://proj-kilo.sourceforge.net

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Project Kilo

So this will be a real RPG and not just some new MMORPG pretenting to be an RPG right?

I swear to [invalid deity] if I see one more new MMORPG or FPS game I'm going to go on a rampage killing small woodland creatures.

If it isn't an MMO, I would be interested in helping. Though I don't know what I could really offer to the project aside from ideas, sounds, and possibly some "artwork" and I use that term loosely. lol

Beans
    Distro

Wasn't sure if that little logo on your page was part of the project or not, but here's a random letterbox style loading screen including said logo.

Beans
    Distro

*bump* (i rarely bump, so deal with it ^_^)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I like it
    Wand good Free Software games?
    Free Gamer - Open source game resource
    FreeGameDev - Free Software games community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Why does the logo use a piece of Naruto?

To be honest, I'd really like a game engine for Linux like RPG Maker XP, it would really be fun to make games like Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, etc... And it could use Ruby and Python, so people migrating from the 'RPG Maker XP' could easily handle the new engine, and people efficient with Python (Which by the way adds a bit speed, unlike Ruby which is not designed for performance), could easily develop games, as well. Me, I'd choose Python.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Please take a look at this : http://idiki.dyne.org/wiki/MMORPG_Scriptable_Spell_Book

Now that would make Windows gamers drool, if you can do it.
    Last edited by ankursethi; May 27th, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
    I am the turnip. No, not a turnip, the turnip. Visit my blog here.

I need help with my Code Dojo. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The Project is to create a whole real RPG. No MMORPG here.

huh naruto? where

hmmm.... scriptable spellbook huh... interesting. That gives overloads of ideas. We may have to wait to implement it in the second game but it definitely catches my fancy. lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey! felix from the blenderartists.org here, as i saied there, ill help out as much as i can
    cheers! - Felix
    Is registered Linux user number 450049.
    "In Soviet Russia, you bill gates!" - over and out.

Beans

hi Mazehero, I feel for you as I watch the new RPG's coming out on PC while im still replying the old classics on ePSXe. However until it becomes as easy to create a game as in RPGMaker2k I'm afraid im not of much use. Count me as spiritial support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast