UPDATE (April 9, 2007): According to others, this also works in Edgy & Feisty.
In OpenOffice, there is a command in the File menu 'Export as PDF'. For other applications, you will need to do the following:
1. Install cups-pdf
2. A hack to allow Dapper to create PDF Printer (from here)
sudo apt-get install cups-pdf
3. Configure CUPS for the PDF printer.
sudo chmod +s /usr/lib/cups/backend/cups-pdf
- Select SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > PRINTERS > NEW PRINTER
- Select LOCAL PRINTER
- Use detected printer: PDF PRINTER
- Select Print Driver:
- Manufacturer: Generic
- Model: Postscript Color Printer
- Name: postscript-color-printer-rev3b
- Click APPLY
4. When printing from any application, select the newly created postscript-color-printer-rev3b printer to generate PDF files.
Output files are stored in your home directory under /PDF subirectory.
To change the default location of the PDF output:
Originally Posted by dowdberry