Thread: verify integrity of installed packages

Beans

verify integrity of installed packages

Hi, I am experiencing some strange behaviour with sound, and I have been messing around with installing some ALSA drivers. I suspect that I might have corrupted some part of the installed Ubuntu packages.

Is there a way to check all the packages on the system for integrity using apt-get or similar?

Marius

Beans

Re: verify integrity of installed packages

Install debsums
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install debsums
    Debsums will verify the files on your system against the files in the package repositories (and tell you if they differ)

Most packages include the neccessary info to verify them against the repositories, but some don't, so first up, run
    Code:
    sudo debsums_init
    This will generate file hashes for any packages that lack them (note, this involves downloading the package from the repositories)

Then you can run the verification
    Code:
    sudo debsums -c
    Code:
    while [ true ]; do CY=$(date +%y); CM=$(date +%m); if [ -n "$PY" ] && [ -n "$PM" ]; then echo "Ubuntu ${CY}.${CM} is the worst release ever"; echo "I'm going back to ${PY}.${PM}"; fi; PY="$CY"; PM="$CM"; sleep 182d; done

Beans

Re: verify integrity of installed packages

Thanks, that command is absolutely brilliant! (Found some things, but i don't think that was the problem)