Thread: Citrix and SSL Error 61

Beans

Citrix and SSL Error 61

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32bit) and the latest Linux version of Citrix Receiver. Whenever I try to connect to my work network through Citrix I get the error message below. As far as I can see it's not true, I *am* trusting the issuer of the server's security certificate. This error message, (with different issuers) is frequently mentioned on the net but I cannot get any of the many many solutions to work in my case. Any advice would be gratefully received.

SSL error : Contact your help desk with the following information: You have not chosen to trust "/C=US/ST=/L=/O=The Go Daddy Group, Inc./OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority/CN=", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL error 61).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Citrix and SSL Error 61

Quote Originally Posted by halfhearted View Post
    I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32bit) and the latest Linux version of Citrix Receiver. Whenever I try to connect to my work network through Citrix I get the error message below. As far as I can see it's not true, I *am* trusting the issuer of the server's security certificate. This error message, (with different issuers) is frequently mentioned on the net but I cannot get any of the many many solutions to work in my case. Any advice would be gratefully received.

SSL error : Contact your help desk with the following information: You have not chosen to trust "/C=US/ST=/L=/O=The Go Daddy Group, Inc./OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority/CN=", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL error 61).
    This is actually straight from Ubuntu's Citrix help page:

To prevent the following error when accessing remote sessions:

Citrix Receiver
    SSL error
    Contact your help desk with the following information:
    You have not chosen to trust"/C=US/ST=/L=/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority/CN=", the issuer of the server's security certificate ((SSL error 61).

Make Firefox's certificates accessible to Citrix, e.g.,

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts
    It worked perfectly for me.

Beans

Thanks very much damage84. It worked but I don't understand why. What does "ln -s" mean? Thanks for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by halfhearted View Post
    Thanks very much damage84. It worked but I don't understand why. What does "ln -s" mean? Thanks for your help.
    No problem, it works because the root problem is Citrix doesn't have access to the SSL certificate required to make a secure connection. Since it has no way of guranteeing the connection it rejects / doesn't connect. What that command does is create a link to Mozilla's SSL certificates in Citrix's certificate folder. That's what ln -s does, it creates a link, like a Windows shortcut so that when Citrix looks in it's own certicate folder, it sees Mozilla's certificates so instead of seeing a folder that lacks the right certificate, it sees a folder that has the right certificate so it can verify and make the connection securely.

Beans

Hi damaged84.
    I've tried the solution you gave but got an error :
    ln: target `/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts' is not a directory

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks!

Beans

Well fbrites (if you are still looking) it could be that Citrix hasn't installed properly and created the folder. See if the other folders in the pathname exist in /opt.

Beans

ln -s of certificates from mozilla to citrix is not enough some times.

i had to install the Go Daddy root certificate and the Intermediate certificate, copy them in citrix cacerts dir and it finally works

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rigobertomanchu View Post
    ln -s of certificates from mozilla to citrix is not enough some times.

i had to install the Go Daddy root certificate and the Intermediate certificate, copy them in citrix cacerts dir and it finally works
    How did you do this?

Beans

This Error 61 has been a recurring problem for me. On Windows it seems to come and go in association with Firefox updates.

I haven't been able to resolve the issue in Ubuntu. I tried the ln -s command above but the problem persists. I checked the contents of
    /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts
    and all the links are there that appear in the Mozilla certificate directory.

The specific error I get now includes that I have chosen not to trust "Entrust Certification Authority - L1C", but there are three Entrust certificates in the cacerts directory:
    Entrust.net_Premium_2048_Secure_Server_CA.crt
    Entrust.net_Secure_Server_CA.crt
    Entrust_Root_Certification_Authority.crt

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by pdowty; December 18th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

Beans

Resolved my Error 61 after finding a post that suggested finding a working Windows Citrix Receiver and exporting the problem certificate from the Windows browser and placing in the Ubuntu directory. It worked. Whew! What a pain.