Thread: Recommendation: Wireless Keyboard Mouse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Recommendation: Wireless Keyboard Mouse

Looking to buy a wireless keyboard mouse combo and was wondering if anyone could recommend a mid price range set that plays well with Linux. I've heard of people having problem with Logitech before so that's why I ask. Plus I kind of want something a little cheaper.

So if anyone feels like making any suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Also I posted this before in the wrong area but couldn't find a way to delete it so if a mod could do it for me that would be great.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
    4GB ram 32GB SSD
    nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB
    Ubuntu 8.10

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Recommendation: Wireless Keyboard Mouse

Hmm, I've never had any problems with my logitech wireless mouse. I've been able to just plug it in and start using it on any distribution. Can't comment on the keyboard.
    Code:
    while true; do echo -n "RiceMonster "; done
    Best thread ever

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by RiceMonster View Post
    Hmm, I've never had any problems with my logitech wireless mouse. I've been able to just plug it in and start using it on any distribution. Can't comment on the keyboard.
    I mean with the getting all the buttons to work. Since I don't really know much about keyboards or mice I'll probably just end up getting a Logitech setup, though I hate to buy something based on the fact it's the leading 'brand'.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
    4GB ram 32GB SSD
    Ubuntu 8.10

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I have a logitech I like.

I also have a Microsoft one.

The microsoft one feels better. Typing on it is just comfortable.

The logitech one works better. Works better more often. Doesn't drop connection randomly, and doesn't lag, which are problems I have with my Microsoft one.

My logitech is an EX110 and it works 100% with ubuntu, even the special keys. Not pre-programmed but work fine once they are setup.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Logitech laser MX3200 Keyboard and Mouse. Its brilliant very comfy to use. I always buy logitech for webcam, speakers etc too. Never had any problems.

Helen
    My website www.thebigoptout.com Please support the Campaign
    IMPORTANT WARNING Do not run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing. Read this for more information.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Warpnow View Post
    I have a logitech I like.

I also have a Microsoft one.

The microsoft one feels better. Typing on it is just comfortable.

The logitech one works better. Works better more often. Doesn't drop connection randomly, and doesn't lag, which are problems I have with my Microsoft one.

My logitech is an EX110 and it works 100% with ubuntu, even the special keys. Not pre-programmed but work fine once they are setup.
    Cool I went with the EX110 as it was only $30. Will hopefully have it by the end of the week and post how it works. Thanks for the replies!
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
    4GB ram 32GB SSD
    Ubuntu 8.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, you already bought something, so this won't be very useful for you, but I'm posting my experience anyway for others searching for wireless recommendations and finding this thread.

I'll defend my Microsoft Wireless combo: I've got a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 700 for 19 euros and it worked perfectly out of the box, even all the special keys, no setup necessary at all. It's currently the thing I like most about Microsoft. Switching to Ubuntu was a great choice, but so was choosing for a Microsoft keyboard/mouse combo! Incredibly cheap but a super product. Unfortunately, most Microsoft products do not meet these standards...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredIndividual View Post
    Well, you already bought something, so this won't be very useful for you, but I'm posting my experience anyway for others searching for wireless recommendations and finding this thread.

I'll defend my Microsoft Wireless combo: I've got a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 700 for 19 euros and it worked perfectly out of the box, even all the special keys, no setup necessary at all. It's currently the thing I like most about Microsoft. Switching to Ubuntu was a great choice, but so was choosing for a Microsoft keyboard/mouse combo! Incredibly cheap but a super product. Unfortunately, most Microsoft products do not meet these standards...
    I bought a wired mouse a while back off newegg that was Microsoft for 10 bucks and it works great. I'm not so sure Microsoft manufactures that stuff, i figured they just paid some company to put their name on it?
    Last edited by blackvd; August 25th, 2008 at 07:11 PM.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz
    4GB ram 32GB SSD
    Ubuntu 8.10

Beans

The thread seems old but helped me buy a new wireless keyboard mouse set from microsoft and wanted to share my experience for the future ubuntu users. I bought the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Mouse Set 800 and all worked plug and play style with my ubuntu 12.04.

All the best,
    SRego

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.