Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Hi knipp21,

Maintaining your settings through suspend or hibernate is what the monitor_wacom.c script is for in Section 4 of gali98's post #104 on the other thread.

I don't know why your assigned rotation button (or key combination) keeps stopping.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi knipp21,

Maintaining your settings through suspend or hibernate is what the monitor_wacom.c script is for in Section 4 of gali98's post #104 on the other thread.

I don't know why your assigned rotation button (or key combination) keeps stopping.
    well i have just opened my computer, and all works so ill let this play through and just let you know what happens over time...i hope ppl try the Q key my way so we know if this is a valid method
    From freedom came elegance.

Beans

hello everyone, i am very new to linux and very new to forums i hope i an in the right place. WELL here is my question: how do i "install the screen rotation script in the screen rotation tutorial & how do i attach it to the buttons on the monitor. also i tried to install the wacomrotate download and i keep getting the error saying " Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libxi6" COULD anyone tell me how to get around this. FYI i am on a tx2510us running hardy 8.04 i now have the stylus touch and eraser all working and they show up in the wacomcfg box when the tool pops up. i am BRAND new to this so please do think i would be offendend by the simplest of instructions. I am using the ATI propietary driver becasuse it looks so much better with that one, is their a way to use the other ubuntu video drive and make the screen look great. Just wondering.

Also, i was on jaunty and had a hard time getting the stylus and eraser to show up in wacomcfg. also if i have to edit any files could you please tell me the commands to get the pages to pop up. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP AND HARD WORK.

Beans
    Distro

Hi galenwilcox,

I answered you on the other thread you posted on. Let's continue here though if you have more questions.

By the way what you've done is called double posting. It violates forum etiquette. Doing that can start multiple threads with different people answering the same question duplicating effort. That's why it is a no no. Don't worry about it, just letting you know.

Beans

i am sorry about that, i tried to delete the other post when i relized this was the correct place but i couldnt. I have read your stuff so much you are sort of famous to me. Well i am sure you can help. i have a tx2510 and am unsure how to do screen rotation and key binding. i have been trying to install wacomrotat but i keep getting a error.

What are the details you need from me and i will get them to you .som things i might need help to fugure out how to tell you.
    THank you and sorry again.

Beans
    Distro

Hi galenwilcox,

Don't worry about and don't bother to try and erase it. Did you read my answer to you on the Kernel Driver thread?

My advice is to first set up a launcher to get rotation. Then worry about key binding later. I'm not real sure where you are getting stuck. Just read things through a few times. I think it will start making sense.

Remember with the ATI proprietary driver "fglrx" you have to do the aticonfig command at the bottom of the HOW TO in appendix 1.

Beans

yes i did read the other post i am working on it now i will post questions or results shortly. and i will post wher i was getting hung up and the solutions for other newbies like me who after 4 nights of trying are addicted to ubuntu tablets. THANKS

Beans

favux, i ran the command in apendex 1 just by copying and pasting and it gave me "Set Key DDX, Enablerandr12" I believe that is what it was supposed to do. Now as we go i just simply copy and paste the context of the script i choose ie. general right or left.

This is what i did.
    1 - ran the command in apendix 1 because i have the ati video driver. results above.

2 - ran the " xrandr -q --verbose" in terminal and checked for the output which looked close to the one posted.

3 - created a text doc by rightclicking on destop nemed it .rotation.sh made it exicutable as a program in properties.

4 - copied all of the script from bottom to top in the "right handed script code box" and pasted it in my .rotation.sh file.

5- double clicked .rotation.sh choose run in terminal. the terminal flashed but nothing happend.

THANK YOU.

Beans
    Distro

Hi galenwilcox,

My bad. I forgot you are on Hardy. You're basically there. Use the equivalent method 2 script. Right click on the .sh file and tell in to open in Text Editor. Substitute it for the method 1 script. Follow the instructions about commenting out (#) the TX2000 line and removing the comment (#) for the TX2500.

You can choose Run after dbl. clicking rather than run in a terminal. Then you can use a launcher to run the script.

If you could post the xrandr -q etc. output I suppose I could see if I could get a method 1 script working in Hardy.

Beans

hi favux,
    thank you for the help i do understand now however its not working. i think it is because i am using the ati propetary driver but im nor sure. when commenting out the line and uncomenting the new one i noticed it said somthing about xorgs driver. maybe you could tell me is their a way i dont care which version i use i am just wanting to use compiz to amaze my friends and linux is a cool hobby do you think i should switch versions. the things i would like to work are touch, stylus eraser, and screen rotation with the buttons on the screen. i your opinion with my tx2510us which should i use. hardy just seemed the easiest to me with the xorgs and all insted of the fdi files. i was on jaunty and followed the tut on pg 11 post 104 and could only get the touch to show up in the wacomcpl box. and is their any way to do the magic screen rotate on the tx2510us because of the swivil on hardy or do i have to use jaunty or intrepid. THANKS FAUX ps. if i have to remove this video driver and install the xorg one could you post me the commands. thanks again.

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast