Thread: cannot return from hibernation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Angry cannot return from hibernation

Hi guys..I am new to ubuntu

I used the hibernation option in my ubuntu hardy(not knowing the incompatibility of ubuntu with the laptops).
    MY laptop configurations: ACER ASPIRE 4520
    AMD ATHLON 64
    NVIDIA GeFORCE 7000M.

My problem is that i hibernated my laptop,put the lid down,and after a few minutes when i try to bring it back from sleep...it just wouldn't.All i see is a blank screen.The power button is still on.I can't turn on the caps luck or num lock or i guess any key from keyboard is recognized by the computer.
    I can't even hard reset.It switches off with a push of the poweroff and if i poweron back again the same blank screen reappears instead of the usual OS choice menu....since i see only a blank screen i can't even access the BIOS...i tried to put in the ubuntu live CD..but it is of no use as it is not detected at all(screen is still blank).
    I searched and red a lot of threads on this issue but all of them seem to be able to hard reset and address the problem since i can't do that i don't know what to do.
    Hope u guys can find a solution to this problem.Help is much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

[:D] Got it solved

I just removed my charger waited for my laptop to discharge completely(which meant it shuts down too)....and everything is back to normal.

Beans

Re: [:D] Got it solved

Hi folks,

This is still happening in the latest Jaunty/Karmic release. I have a dell latitude d510, and this did not happen in the Intrepid/Ibex release. I was able to hibernate and suspend, and it would always come back. However, I just recently upgraded to Jaunty/Karmic and this happened. This must be a bug re-introduced in the latest code.

Regards,
    Trung