Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brasero - How to Remove Checksum Feature?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Brasero - How to Remove Checksum Feature?

The Hardy version of Brasero seems to have a feature I don't recall being there before of making a checksum for the data to be burnt. While it ejects the disc afterwards and hence allows me to cancel checking the burnt data integrity, it appears to take much longer to start burning the disc due to making the checksum.

I've gone to the Edit, Plugins menu but when I uncheck the boxes next to the plugins and close the dialog box, then reopen it, Brasero has automatically rechecked them.

Does anyone have any ideas for fixing this problem? Is it just my imagination that it's much slower now?

Thanks!
    “Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic." - Dostoevsky

Beans

Re: Brasero - How to Remove Checksum Feature?

well it checking the checksum is a very important step, but if you need an alternative to brasero try k3b, it works better anyway.
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Is it just my imagination that it's much slower now?
    I don't find it slower on my system; however, on your system it may run slower.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro

Thanks. It just seems like when I used to burn a disc with Brasero, it would start burning right away. Now the dialog box comes up that it's making a checksum and five or ten minutes pass before it starts to burn the disc.

k3b is nice, I've used it before, but I prefer to stick to a gtk burning application, preferably Brasero if I can figure out why it's taking longer than it used to.
    “Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic." - Dostoevsky

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

You could try gnomebaker which I use to burn CD's & DVD's.
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by felicity View Post
    Thanks. It just seems like when I used to burn a disc with Brasero, it would start burning right away. Now the dialog box comes up that it's making a checksum and five or ten minutes pass before it starts to burn the disc.

k3b is nice, I've used it before, but I prefer to stick to a gtk burning application, preferably Brasero if I can figure out why it's taking longer than it used to.
    Hey,

I can understand your reasoning for sticking with Brasero. I actually like the app. I was poking around in the menus...Perhaps disabling the checksum plugin in the plugins menu could solve the your issue?

It's in Edit->Plugins
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans

I've gone to the Edit, Plugins menu but when I uncheck the boxes next to the plugins and close the dialog box, then reopen it, Brasero has automatically rechecked them.
    This worked for me, don't know why it doesn't work for you. Alternative method:

1. Start gconf-editor

2. Goto > apps > brasero > config and double click on plugins.

3. Remove md5 related plugins.

This should do it.

By the way, I think md5 plugins are better disabled by default.

Beans
    Distro

isaacj87: Thanks but I already tried unchecking the plugins.

Vivaldi Gloria: Hmm, that is strange that it works for you and not me. I tried your good idea for gconf-editor, but unfortunately even when I delete entries from the plugin list, when Brasero is started the plugins are still there, checked, and when I go back to gconf-editor the entries for the plugins have been re-added.

alienexplorers: I might have to resort to gnomebaker if I can't get this figured out. It's not a huge deal, but if Brasero is the default burning program in Hardy I'd like to figure out what this bug, if it is one, is, and how to fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The Hardy version of Brasero seems to have a feature I don't recall being there before of making a checksum for the data to be burnt.
    Does anyone have any ideas for fixing this problem?
    Just a note: From your previous posts, I assume that you've been using hardy since it's beta days; is it fully updated and current?
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans
    Distro

prshah: No I never used the beta, I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the final release (not an upgrade) and it's fully updated with all the current updates - Thanks for your help though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast