Thread: extreme newbie question, how & where to put my downloaded wallpaper ?

Beans

Thumbs down extreme newbie question, how & where to put my downloaded wallpaper ?

hello all, ask an extreme newbie question,

How & where to put my downloaded wallpaper ?

After I have had put my downloaded wallpaper into /usr/share/backgrounds directory in root, and then right click the desktop select 'Change Desktop Background', wow, guess what? My added wallpapers not there!?

I'm I did anything wrong ?
    Any help will be great appreciated, thanks.

Beans

Re: extreme newbie question, how & where to put my downloaded wallpaper ?

You can save it anywhere, I suggest making a new folder inside your own home folder perhaps. In the change desktop background tab you then just need to press add, then browse to where you saved it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

you jsut download it and put it in pictures. the right click your desktop then click the add button then negative to the pic and click on it and apply
    Thinkpad W510, i7-720QM, Nvidia Quadro FX 880m (nouveau), Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OCZ are better), 1080p Wacom Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Yubikey OTP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Aw, you beat me Mr. Pink
    Thinkpad W510, i7-720QM, Nvidia Quadro FX 880m (nouveau), Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OCZ are better), 1080p Wacom Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Yubikey OTP

Beans

Angry Re: extreme newbie question, how & where to put my downloaded wallpaper ?

well, it will work well as I know, but I want one installation effected to all users !