Thread: HELP Domain authentication suddenly not working

Beans

Question HELP Domain authentication suddenly not working

I can't log on to my Ubuntu server with any domain accounts anymore, it was working perfectly for several weeks and now nothing. I'm not sure where to start looking the error when I try to ssh in just say access denied.

can somebody point me in the right direction please? what logs should I be looking in or other trouble shooting steps to take?

thanks

Beans

Re: HELP Domain authentication suddenly not working

any ideas?

Beans

I seem to be getting ldap info, I get a responce from wbinfo -g and -u

here is some of my /var/log/auth.log file

Code:
    May  2 12:05:06 XXXXX sshd[9117]: pam_winbind(ssh:auth): getting password (0x00000180)
    May  2 12:05:06 XXXXX sshd[9117]: pam_unix(ssh:auth): check pass; user unknown
    May  2 12:05:06 XXXXX sshd[9117]: pam_unix(ssh:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=pcXXXXXXX-l.XXXX.XXXX.com
    May  2 12:05:08 XXXXX sshd[9117]: Failed password for invalid user XXXXXX from XXX.XXX.X.XX port 4339 ssh2
    May  2 12:05:14 XXXXX sshd[9117]: pam_winbind(ssh:auth): getting password (0x00000180)
    May  2 12:05:14 XXXXX sshd[9117]: pam_unix(ssh:auth): check pass; user unknown
    May  2 12:05:16 XXXXX sshd[9117]: Failed password for invalid user XXXXXXX from XXX.XXX.X.XX port 4339 ssh2

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Please describe your setup and then paste the relevant configuration files like your /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

Beans

my setup is taken from here sshd config wouldn't that effect only ssh? I can't log on locally with domain accounts anymore either, it was working just fine for about a month.
    Last edited by lokiset; May 14th, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

Beans

Mostly, the problem is that the clock is wrong. The client and server need to be within 5 minutes of each other for Kerberos to work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HermanAB View Post
    Mostly, the problem is that the clock is wrong. The client and server need to be within 5 minutes of each other for Kerberos to work.
    thanks for your reply, I checked and the time was only off by about 1 minute, I synced it up with the server and still no go.