Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipod can't be seen Banshee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Ipod can't be seen Banshee

I'm sorry but what do you mean by 'open nautilus'?

Beans

Nautilus is the name of the graphical file management tool (aka file browser) - you should be able to start it by hitting places - desktop (there are other ways). Then the ipod should appear over in the left hand column, and if you select it, it should mount it.

once mounted, an icon should appear on the desktop, and also in the lefthand column of banshee.

-Arc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Follow the guide in my signature for a pretty solid fix around for this problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi guys,

this issue has been fixed with 1.5.4 version (formerly "1.5.4~really1.5.2-0ubuntu1~hyper2~karmic").

The banshee team released it the 21st of January. You can update your Karmic by using the banshee PPA repository as explained here

https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive/ppa

hth.

cheers.

The new update helped (I think). But just in case you're still not seeing your iPod, try disabling and enabling the iPod Support. Open up Banshee, go to Edit -> Preference -> Extensions. Untick iPod Support and restart Banshee. (Your iPod shouldn't be mounted at this point otherwise, Banshee just might hang, as it happened to me).

After disabling, re-enable it and now mount your iPod.

HTH

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That sounds good that they fixed it in the recent update. I just got a fresh install and have not had time to hook up my ipod.

Beans

OK, I am having all these same problems. I tried uninstalling musicmatch and I still can't get ipod to appear in Banshee. I am right now trying to install podsleuth but I have no idea how. I found this page: http://download.banshee-project.org/podsleuth/ and I downloaded: podsleuth-0.6.6.tar.gz from this page: http://download.banshee-project.org/...TEST-IS-0.6.6/

Now, if I did download the correct things to install podsleuth, what do I do after downloading the .gz file? I tried running install-sh in terminal and it changed nothing. There is no install instructions ... just a readme telling me a whole bunch of programmer mumbo jumbo. Any help would be appreciated as I haven't had access to my ipod in months.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LuisGMarine View Post
    Follow the guide in my signature for a pretty solid fix around for this problem.
    This worked. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12