Thread: Arch on OLPC XO-1

Arch on OLPC XO-1

I didn't think it would work, but it does. It was my understanding that Geodes are i586s, but it installed fine with the "Ubuntu" method from the OLPC wiki, and now I have Arch running on my little green laptop.

I'm not 100 percent satisfied since it's still technically running the OLPC kernel and so forth, but I can't complain.

The Windows 2000-makeover was just to thumb my nose at Redmond.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Arch on OLPC XO-1

That's pretty cool. I'm usually not at a loss for words, but I am, that's pretty cool...

Thanks. I actually like it a lot better than the Crux version I did two weeks ago -- Arch has better package choices, quicker configuration, etc. I like Crux, but it has some shortcomings.

Right now the software suite is IceWM with Dillo, Xfe, xterm, Xpaint, XMMS, Xpdf and Xgalaga++.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans

Wowowow. It's pretty crazy the stuff I've seen Arch get installed on to. I'm still playing w/ it in VirtualBox. Maybe I'll break down and try a install on a real box sooner or later. =x
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .