Thread: Wallpapers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wallpapers

I was reading a thread here in the art & design section that seemed to make the point that the Ubuntu art (wallpaper, icons, etc.) work could not have been made with FOSS, GIMP in particular. I have been working on CD images for 7.04 using just the GIMP and decided to make wallpapers for them too. Let me know what you think.

http://whitetreeevolution.com/wallpaper.html
    Last edited by lyceum; May 18th, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Wallpapers

Well, the background looks kinda strange. It seems to me too agressive and there is a "tooth" in the top left part.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by foresth View Post
    Well, the background looks kinda strange. It seems to me too agressive and there is a "tooth" in the top left part.
    They are my first attempt. I was so happy that it did not look flat (it took me a while to figure out how to make it look more "3D") that I really did not see it as aggressive. Thanks for the input though. I will work on some new ones when I have time.

Beans
    Hidden!

Continue and show us your progress! I'd be glad to see your improvements.

QwUo173Hy is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I found this thread after a search for some info on the Dawn of Ubuntu wallpaper. After reading Akkana Pecks book Beginning Gimp (excellent read by the way).

It would be a bit dissapointing if this were the case, but I couldn't find any info on the creativecommons website.