Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: cedega

Beans

Re: cedega

Quote Originally Posted by HungSquirrel
    I swapped my awesome ATI card for my roommate's mediocre Nvidia card, and Deus Ex now works in cedega. At least, works better. I still don't get 60 fps in game unless I'm staring at a wall.

Meh. I'll live. If I can get Steam/CSS/HL2 to work in cedega, I will be quite content with the setup. Unfortunately I can't get Steam to finish updating during the install using the package with HL precached. Has anyone else tried to install and update Steam?
    Actually this is surprising to me. I have the 9800 Pro with the ATI drivers installed and Doom3 even performs surprisingly well (No shader stuff so the eye candy is defenitley down a few big notches).

Deus Ex is like forever old. How wierd.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by zenwhen
    If you add the " --monitor-cdrom-eject" switch when you run the installer, you will be able to eject the cd when a game asks for a new one.
    When I do that, I still cannot eject the CDROM, nor can I unmount the drive (even as root).
    $ whatis themeaningoflife
    themeaningoflife: not found

Beans

Thumbs up Re: cedega

thanks, my cs is running
    little bit laggy more then normal but can live with that

Beans

Thank you all, I've jsut installed cedega and steam to play Half Life Team Fortress Classic, and it works smooth I get 72 fps
    I have a Geforce 6800.

My only excuse to sometime boot back to XP was the games, but now, I can play on Ubuntu, great thanks again

Beans

I like Cedega a lot, but every distro I run it on has issues w/ not being able to recognize the cd, due to the protection. It REALLY annoys me. I think I'll fire up Diablo 2 once just to see if it works, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work for me before. Either did Warcraft 3. I can't remember if I tried it on an earlier install of Ubuntu or not.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HungSquirrel
    When I do that, I still cannot eject the CDROM, nor can I unmount the drive (even as root).
    Yeah, --monitor-cdrom-eject doesn't work on Ubuntu because it uses pmount to mount removable media, such as cdroms, automatically. I don't understand the internals, but apparently it isn't compatible with mount/umount

I read in the wine docs that the other way to eject a cd is to send wineserver SIGUSR2, so: "killall -USR2 wineserver" will eject the cd.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by subterrific
    Yeah, --monitor-cdrom-eject doesn't work on Ubuntu because it uses pmount to mount removable media, such as cdroms, automatically. I don't understand the internals, but apparently it isn't compatible with mount/umount

I read in the wine docs that the other way to eject a cd is to send wineserver SIGUSR2, so: "killall -USR2 wineserver" will eject the cd.
    Actually I don't think that last statement is actually true. When you use point2play to power cedega, it does the mounting / unmounting just fine and I think that's still actually cedega code. I had to do this when I installed World of Warcraft, which if you follow the tips on the unofficial Transgaming wiki, runs just fine I'm happy to report.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345