Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: advantages of SUSE over ubuntu?

Beans

Re: advantages of SUSE over ubuntu?

Yast (specially for New Linux Users) ... everything else (on my opinion) ubuntu is the Best. I love Debian all .DEB
    Ubuntu needs it's own Control Center.
    Ameurux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

The main advantage SUSE has over Ubuntu, in my opinion is polish. SUSE feels more professional.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I really like how a lot of the apps in Suse (at least in SLED) feel more integrated into the OS. OpenOffice, Banshee, and GIMP all have very similar splash screens. I know it's something superficial, but I like the way it feels. Also, OpenOffice is very quick to open on SLED. I believe the Gnome version of OpenSuse is the same way.
    Don't Panic!
    Practice safe text. Never run a command unless you know exactly what it is going to do.
    Ubuntu User #1132
    Linux User #417929

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I really liked everything in opensuse except for package management. The installer and professional look and feel are second to none. The package management in opensuse is a joke. It always makes me come back to Kubuntu. If they would fix that, then I think they would climb back up the ladder a couple of rungs. I have often wondered if the people that develop suse's package manager have ever used apt/synaptic.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678