Thread: Virt-manager opens then closes

Beans

Virt-manager opens then closes

when i open virt-manager on artix linux it opens then closes

Beans

Re: Virt-manager opens then closes

Try launching it from the terminal and see if it prints any error messages. The command is virt-manager.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Not Ubuntu. Moved to Arch & Derivatives.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

i get this:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last): 
      File "/usr/bin/virt-manager", line 6, in <module> 
        from virtManager import virtmanager 
      File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/virtmanager.py", line 13, in <module> 
        import gi 
      File "/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 40, in <module> 
        from . import _gi 
    ImportError: /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/gi/_gi.cpython-311-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: g_asse
    rtion_message_cmpint
    Last edited by boyobiscuits; October 21st, 2023 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Code tags added for clarity

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

One thing that I would check first, Virtual mager depends on the libvirtd daemon to be running before it can start.

Please... If you are posting commands or raw output, post them within CODE Tags. If you do to how to do that... From EDit or the New Post editor, select "Go Advanced" to open the Advanced Editor with the extended tool bar... If you have raw out posted like your last post, select the raw output with your mouse > Select the "#" Icon to wrap that selected text with CODE Tags. To post new with same, select the "#" icon to insert the tags and paste your commands and/or raw output within the tags...

Pleas post the reuslt of this within CODE Tags:
    Code:
    sudo systemctl status libvirtd --no-pager

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

i got this
    Code:
     sudo: systemctl: command not found