Thread: Wireless problem: cannot connect to wifi even if I see the SSID (Xubuntu 22.04LTS)

Beans

Wireless problem: cannot connect to wifi even if I see the SSID (Xubuntu 22.04LTS)

Hello everyone! I'm new in this forum. I'm having a lot of trouble with my fresh xubuntu installation!
    I've just installed Xubuntu 22.04. Everything works fine except Wi-Fi.I managed to connect with a cable and did all the software updates, but the problem still remains. When I try to connect to my access point I can see the SSID as in this screenshot, but when I try to connect the "disconnected" banner appears and I cannot access the web.

I've also tried to connect to a different network, but it is the same.I've tried to check drivers: everything is up-to-date and there are no additional drivers available.Furthermore, I've tried to reinstall everything, but nothing changed.

You can find the output of my wireless-info here.

EDIT:
    I noticed the following logs at startup:

Code:
    [  19.804361] Bluethoot: hci0: unexpected event for opcode 0x0000
    [  20.042944] Bluethoot: hci0: hardware error 0x37

Last edited by davide-gori; August 4th, 2023 at 04:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Wireless problem: cannot connect to wifi even if I see the SSID (Xubuntu 22.04LTS

Have you tried disabling secure boot in your bios settings? If that doesn’t work then…

Have you tried enabling your 5 Ghz wifi in your access point. It should connect to both, but I noticed you have 5g disabled, may be worth trying.

Beans

Re: Wireless problem: cannot connect to wifi even if I see the SSID (Xubuntu 22.04LTS

Thank you for your answer!
    I bought my laptop in 2011, hence I think there is no hardware support for 5g and secure boot was introduced later in the years.

I noticed the following logs at startup, maybe I can edit the first post:

Code:
    [  19.804361] Bluethoot: hci0: unexpected event for opcode 0x0000
    [  20.042944] Bluethoot: hci0: hardware error 0x37