Thread: Xubuntu 22.04 not waking from suspend Nvidia card

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Xubuntu 22.04 not waking from suspend Nvidia card

I had installed Xubuntu 18.04, 20.04 and 22.04 plus a few others and none of them would wake from suspend.
    I could touch the mouse or keyboard and everything lit up like it was waking but, the monitor would indicate no signal, the monitor would return to sleep mode every time.

It took a reboot to get it back and that was a pain. That is until I finally found the solution here.

Now it suspends and wakes up normally like you'd expect it to.

Just thought I'd mention this as this has been bugging me for awhile and I just never had the time to look into it.

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Xubuntu 22.04 not waking from suspend Nvidia card

I didn't intend to post a solved thread as this problem has haunted me for a few years since moving to this newer computer. Ubuntu being the only Linux system to do this.

A number of times I had searched for a solution only leading to dead ends each time. I thought I'd open this thread and someone would help me solve it but, I had to look for myself one more time.

I was really surprised to actually find the solution. Xubuntu 22.04 was in suspend mode throughout the night last night and woke just like it should this morning. So, this definitely fixed my problem.