Hello Everyone

I am new to using Linux as my daily driver OS. Just 4 days ago Windows took a crap with an update and Microsoft did not call for 4 days. I finally got so frustrated as a Microsoft Partner that I formatted my machine and installed Linux. I had been thinking about doing this for some time and watched many You Tube videos on the best way to do this and make life easy again. Anyways I am on day 3 of using Mint Linux with Ubuntu and I have managed to accomplish a lot.

I did install the paid version of Wine called Cross Over after watching a video on you tube that discussed what Wine is etc. I then installed Office 365 with the latest version of Cross Over and the latest version of Mint Linux. All updates have been done to Linux and Cross Over.

I am not able to get outlook working, however that is not as big a deal as i discovered and installed Thunderbird to work with our corporate exchange server and downloaded many nice plugins for Thunderbird, so as of today email seems ok.

My real issue is with Word processing and Excel and PowerPoint all of which have been daily drivers for me for over 25 years. I got each of these programs working with Cross Over, and i have come to discover that opening a file using word in the File Menu does not work and opens a blank page. I then go directly to the file in the file manager in Linux and open it and sometimes it opens and many times it still opens with a blank screen. I was hoping that someone has a similar issue and solution. It would be nice to be able to open the files directly from Word and not go through massive tree structures of files 15-20 deep just to find a file that may or may not be the correct file.

I did see Libre Office - But it has a real issue with opening complex documents etc. Not to mention it is just very different in terms layout etc. Perhaps one day I can covert over completely.

I just cant seem to figure out how and why my existing documents will not open. Simple documents with 1 or 2 pictures are a problem.

I did manage to figure out how to Sync my cloud One drive account with Linux R Clone and it is working great.

Any help would be great.

Overall I am really enjoying Linux.

Thank you
Michael