Thread: Getting Brave and Monero into the Ubuntu Software Repository

Beans

Getting Brave and Monero into the Ubuntu Software Repository

I got Ubuntu 19.10 on my HP Compaq Elite 8300 with a Nvidia GeForce 1660 Ti and I really love the system. I really thought that the ZFS filesystem is an amazing thing and the graphics driver works so well I can watch High Definition movies practically without even using the processor with VLC.

I would really love to be able to use the system more but am having trouble with obtaining access to outside software using the apt command.

Who would I need to talk to in order to get Brave Web Browser, and Monero Wallet into the official Ubuntu software repository so I could install it without needing to add anything?
    Last edited by thumbult; November 22nd, 2019 at 10:35 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Getting Brave and Monero into the Ubuntu Software Repository

You would have to contact the developers of both applications . Brave is in the snap store , but is community maintained and not the latest version. They update when they have time.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Re: Getting Brave and Monero into the Ubuntu Software Repository

You can add the Brave repository to apt so it will be updated along with everything else on your system.

Run this command:
    Code:
    sudo echo 'deb [arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ [version] main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave.list
    replacing [version] with the code name for your version of Ubuntu, "eoan" for 19.10.

Then run "sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade" and the most recent version of Brave will be installed if it is newer than the one you have. The current version is 1.0.1.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; November 27th, 2019 at 01:56 PM.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users