Thread: Reinstall ubuntu 16.04 on ubuntu

Beans

Reinstall ubuntu 16.04 on ubuntu

I have a new Thinkpad 13 Lenovo that came with Windows 10. I then proceeded to wipe Windows 10 completely and to then with the downloaded Ubuntu 16.04 on my USB stick, I installed Ubuntu on my laptop. My laptop has been facing minor issues with 2 buzzing noises at startup and the networkmanager kinda screwed up, glitching a little. I have no important files on this laptop. I still have the USB stick with me. I also received a pop-up saying internal error occurred on 16.04 and it literally had so many issues from the gnome to some other stuff. I believe that reinstalling might do the trick. Could anyone please provide me a step-by-step instruction on how to do this?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Reinstall ubuntu 16.04 on ubuntu

Pretty much the same as you did before. Boot to the USB stick. Then, when you get to the screen giving you the option to install alongside 16.04 or wipe drive and install, pick to wipe entire drive and re-install.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If you have many problems with 16.04 why do you want to reinstall this one? I recommend 16.10.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

It's a simple process, If you intend to use the entire disk for you Ubuntu installation just boot from the USB I'm assuming you're using one, and Install the same way you did with your first installation

when you're given the option to use the entire disk choose that option and let the installation run until it's complete