Thread: ttf-mscorefonts-installer doesn't work from Ubuntu Software Center because of EULA, b

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

ttf-mscorefonts-installer doesn't work from Ubuntu Software Center because of EULA, b

So I have Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64 bit, and I decided to try and install the sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras, which was the recommended procedure on "Ask Ubuntu", now the installer is stuck on a EULA question, and I can't stop the installer. I use kill, then whenever I try to do autoremove, it hangs once again. This is the first real bug Ive encountered in years, but it's definitely annoying. What to do now?

Beans
    Distro

Re: ttf-mscorefonts-installer doesn't work from Ubuntu Software Center because of EUL

I went to the irc help and used the software boutique to "fix" the problem. Someone there gave me the tip
    Last edited by RichardET; October 21st, 2016 at 09:48 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: ttf-mscorefonts-installer doesn't work from Ubuntu Software Center because of EUL

I haven't installed those MS fonts in ages, but I think if you do it by terminal it should show a menu in the terminal where you can accept the user agreement. You should be able to use <tab> to select yes or agree and then hit <enter>. Where does it get stuck?

Beans
    Distro

at the terminal yes or no agreement. Obviously its a bug, in the apt-get utility, but software boutique will fix it for you in a graphical menu. It's just a warning from me to not install these MS fonts at the command line - use the graphical menus!
    Last edited by RichardET; October 22nd, 2016 at 02:36 PM.