Thread: Interoperability with iOS 9?

Beans
    Hidden!

Interoperability with iOS 9?

Just curious if anyone has had success with the iOS9 update that is out recently?

I see libimobiledevice says it supports it, but I haven't yet succeeded in compiling it. Before I tried updating to 1.2 it at least showed some contents of the (empty) iPad 8.3, but dragging epub books over to it didn't actually show on the device. Maybe you can't add books or music in general? (at least downloading from the browser works).

Has it improved at all for iOS 9? Compatible with Rhythmbox or other software?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Interoperability with iOS 9?

I am running 15.10 Ubuntu-MATE on my iBook G4 and it works flawlessly on iOS 9.
    iBook G4 1.42GHz Ubuntu-MATE 15.04
    PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz Debian Wheezy

Beans
    Hidden!

Nice. What do you mean by "on iOS 9"? Transfer of books? audio? video? Rhythmbox integration?

I'm on 14.04 and had some success with libimobiledevice but I haven't been able to compile 1.2 yet. What instructions did you use to install it?

Beans

I'm running 15.10 Unity on MacBook Pro 11.1 Late 2014 and no problem with iOS9.
    What's your issues?

Beans
    Hidden!

My issue is I don't have libimobiledevice set up correctly, hasn't worked in awhile (since 8.0 maybe?) - are you saying 15.10 works with iOS9, transferring files or music/books?

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Installed a newer PPA of libimobiledevice 1.2, I can at least transfer to iBooks now. Apparently there's a common problem in that Ubuntu doesn't show the documents of any apps: http://askubuntu.com/questions/68526...older-in-15-04

Beans

Good news! On 15.10 Wily no problem with file transfer. Will try with music/books