Thread: Where are the scanned files?

Beans

Where are the scanned files?

Okay so I've spent the past two to three hours on the web trouble shooting and have got my Brother MFC-J475DW Printer/Scanner working with my computer just fine. Except now I can not find where the scanner is sending my files, if they are even sending or not. I checked that all of the drivers were installed, for both the printer and the scanner, they are. How do I check where the scanned files are supposed to be going? Is their a command line that will show me the path in which the files are supposed to go, or is this something I have to set up manually? This is the only issue I could not find anything about
    Last edited by leojosephtobias; August 20th, 2015 at 03:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Where are the scanned files?

Welcome to the forum,
    leojosephtobias.

Are you using the simple scan program on your computer, or the printer controls to scan?
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans

I am using the scan buttons on the printer, I place my document in the scan section of my printer, I press scan and It asks what I would like to do with the document. I tell it to "scan to file" and it scans the document after I press okay. It then connects to the PC but the file is not uploaded any where that I can find

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by leojosephtobias View Post
    I am using the scan buttons on the printer, I place my document in the scan section of my printer, I press scan and It asks what I would like to do with the document. I tell it to "scan to file" and it scans the document after I press okay. It then connects to the PC but the file is not uploaded any where that I can find
    O.K. The scanned document is saved in the printer's temporary memory. If you click save, you will get a pop up dialog asking where you wish to save to.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqen...aq00002784_014
    Last edited by hansdown; August 20th, 2015 at 05:30 AM.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card