Thread: BootOptions/before--after

Beans
    Hidden!

BootOptions/before--after

The "-- " entry defines the boundary between options which are specific to the installer and ones that are copied to the target system. Often you would like to copy the boot option to the target system, so add the option at the very end of the line, after the "-- ".

This link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Bo.../before--after

describes a new way to use a boot option that is due to the introduction of systemd into Ubuntu. Sometimes it must be entered twice, before and after the delimiter "--".

Code:
    ... option -- option

Edit: I have found it in the new released version Ubuntu Server 14.04.2 LTS

Originally I found it when testing future versions, but we expect it to come into at least the Ubuntu mini.iso file with the version 15.04.

• Ubuntu Vivid mini.iso (which will be released in April)
    • Lubuntu Trusty 14.04.2 alternate iso (which was not released due to show-stopping bugs)

I think it might also be present in the Ubuntu Server Vivid iso files. Do you know? Would you be interested to know? If you use boot options to install Ubuntu Server, it might be interesting to test it.
    Last edited by sudodus; February 21st, 2015 at 05:32 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: BootOptions/before--after

I was too curious. I just had to grab ubuntu-14.04.2-server-i386.iso and test it.

This new point release of Ubuntu Server needs

Code:
    ... forcepae -- forcepae
    to be able to install a minimal system or a server into my Thinkpad T41 with a Pentium M processor. So if you intend to use a boot option with Ubuntu Server 14.04.2, and if you need the boot option both during the installation and in the installed system, it should be entered twice.