Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lightdm config files location in 14.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: lightdm config files location in 14.04

Please see this note:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post12886871

Mir is affected also, at lease the methods to revert back to xorg and remove it have not been updated at the wiki page. This could be a serious issue for new testers - so I thought I would make a note of it.

Regards..

edit: I updated the mir wiki.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/Installing
    Last edited by ventrical; April 25th, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Beans

OK, shame on me if the informality of my chosen words violated the CoC here. It just has been the how-many's? Internet post that read through today because its title promised the answer to my problem, just to find that the topic switched from "where is the config file?" to "how to disable the guest account?" or (as here) something about Mir, without answering the actual question.
    (Maybe this excuses, and as far as I remember the original text was not insulting on anyone, unless config files can be insulted)

And the best in it is, the thread now end with the precise answer to the given question. Thank your very much for that, ventrical.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by sorab View Post
    And the best in it is, the thread now end with the precise answer to the given question. Thank your very much for that, ventrical.
    The answer could be called precise but it is not correct... According to pictures in that precise answer there is usefull stuff in one of folders that is (I wrote in message above that) depreciated and hence should not be used... All the best ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    The answer could be called precise but it is not correct... According to pictures in that precise answer there is usefull stuff in one of folders that is (I wrote in message above that) depreciated and hence should not be used... All the best ...
    And with that, I think this thread has run it's course, Utopic development is open now, and any discussions of 14.04 problems should take place in other parts of the forum. Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12