Thread: Not playing a full dvd

Beans

Not playing a full dvd

Hi,

I need help getting the DVD to play fully (e.g. I can only play the first 1hour 30 of a two hour movie). I have two dvd's which end before the film has completely finished and show no further chapters (both with VLC and ubuntus default video). I have tried a second dvd player but this has the same problem (ihas122 and a samsung). All the restricted extra have been install and the first dvd player had its region set to europe (where the dvd were purchased from). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Quin

Beans

Re: Not playing a full dvd

After testing and quite alot of faffing, I discovered that the dvd is only reading one of the two dvd layers (tried flipping over the disc and managed to read the second half of the film). I checked if the DVD drives are dual layer compatible and they are. Could anyone suggest a reason for this?

Beans

Re: Not playing a full dvd

Herew is the lshw for the dvd drive:

*-scsi:0
    physical id: 1
    logical name: scsi1
    capabilities: emulated
    *-cdrom
    description: DVD-RAM writer
    product: CDDVDW SH-224DB
    vendor: TSSTcorp
    physical id: 0.0.0
    bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
    logical name: /dev/cdrom
    logical name: /dev/sr0
    logical name: /media/luke/GFBP44MF1
    version: SB01
    capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram
    configuration: ansiversion=5 mount.fstype=udf mount.options=ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gi d=1000,umask=77,iocharset=utf8 state=mounted status=ready
    *-medium
    physical id: 0
    logical name: /dev/cdrom
    logical name: /media/luke/GFBP44MF1
    configuration: mount.fstype=udf mount.options=ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gi d=1000,umask=77,iocharset=utf8 state=mounted