Thread: Ubuntu +1 with other distros

Chanath is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Ubuntu +1 with other distros

I am using TT with Unity and Gnome. I haven't had a single hiccup yet. I didn't have any with former Ubuntu +1, Saucy.
    Today, I installed Mint 16 RC in another partition, to see what is this Cinnamon 2.0. But, I am not going to stay in Saucy base, so I changed the repos to Trusty and update, upgraded it. And, it worked nicely. Maybe this not the forum section to write about this, but as I am only using Trusty as my work distro--I keep my home in another partition--I thought I should write about this here. I am now using my re-spin of Mint 16 (or17) with the TT base for about 3 hours. I am going to keep on upgrading it for at least a week, and if everything goes well, I'd keep on upgrading it till Trusty is released.

By the way, I tried to put the TT base in other Saucy based distros, but didn't work. That says something good about Mint.
    Well, I am not a Cinnamon guy, but let's see what happens. I am not testing Mint, but the Trusty base with an Ubuntu fork.
    I don't know, whether you guys are doing something like me, but would be happy to keep this in this thread. Like to see what you guys think of it.
    I rarely go to the other therads.
    Take care!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu +1 with other distros

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Support.

Ubuntu +1 is for official Ubuntu flavours.

I'm sure that Mint must have their own ways of doing it - the best place for Mint dev threads is probably in the Mint forums.

Beans

Actually it was not about Mint, Elfy, I was trying few other Ubuntu based distros too, trying to move them into the TT base.
    Have a good day!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Today, I installed Mint 16 RC in another partition, to see what is this Cinnamon 2.0. But, I am not going to stay in Saucy base, so I changed the repos to Trusty and update, upgraded it.
    I am now using my re-spin of Mint 16 (or17) with the TT base for about 3 hours.
    By the way, I tried to put the TT base in other Saucy based distros,
    I am not testing Mint, but the Trusty base with an Ubuntu fork.
    and last but not least, the thread title

Ubuntu +1 with other distros
    Whether it's Mint or not, it's certainly not for U1.

Beans

Maybe, I should've written diferently. You are right, it doesn't match there.
    I hope some of our guys at Ubuntu+1 reads it.
    By the way, I upgraded Voyager 13.10 to TT too. It went quite smoothly and didn't break it.
    Looks like, TT is coming out with a better base.
    Take care!
    Chanath

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Deleted
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; February 17th, 2014 at 09:28 AM.