Thread: Linux Mint 5 KDE installation fail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Linux Mint 5 KDE installation fail

Hi. I'm trying to dual-boot Linux Mint 15 KDE 64-bit with Windows 8 Pro. I've installed the iso file on the my usb but when I boot it from my Compaq PC, it says "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I will press enter two times and I will go boot to Windows 8. I've already did the BIOS things before but still it won't work. Any help?
    Also, I have installed Xubuntu 32-bit before with Windows Vista, but then I removed it. My processor is Intel Pentium Dual Core.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Linux Mint 5 KDE installation fail

Moved to Other OS/Distro Support.

Beans

Re: Linux Mint 5 KDE installation fail

If it's me, i will get rid of windows, install any version of ubuntu or linux mint. Then run windows on virtualbox. Dual boot always come with problems with partitions and boot loader ...
    For the best of clean installation, get a server version or mini cd version whatever it's call. Then pick a gui of you choice (i would go with xfce or lxde for light weight as you are running on a laptop). Follow this post http://namhuy.net/1584/how-to-instal...inux-mint.html

After GUI, install driver if necessary, install virtualbox then load windows on virtualbox. better way to go than dual boot.