Thread: Can't open Youtube videos

Hybrid View

Beans

Can't open Youtube videos

Hi

I have an annoying problem to solve.i searched it but i cant solved it yet.The problem is i cant open Youtube videos.i take message like"An error occured.Please try again later". I'm using Chrome and i can watch videos from other websites perfectly but not at Youtube.I tried it from Firefox and i got the same.Can we solve this?..Thank you...Quick note=i tried html5 mode too nothing changed.
    Last edited by MacCoffee; June 11th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Can't open Youtube videos

Do you have flash installed either as a standalone package or as part of *ubuntu-restricted-extras?

You say other videos play, but are they flash or some other file type?

Beans

Yes i can play flash video type videos from other websites..If you asking this ,i don't know exactly because i just started to use ubuntu but i didn't install flash from software center.I did install ubuntu-restricted-exras from terminal and i have Adobe flash player plugin for Chrome.Btw i am using 12.04 ..I tested it too.If i deactivate plugin i can't watch from others too so it seems flash working fine.

Beans

I had joined the HTML5 trial on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/html5), resulting in videos NOT being played. Leaving the HTML5 trial (trial-and-error?) solved that.

So ... what is your status on http://www.youtube.com/html5 ?

Beans

Unfortunately nothing has changed.Actually i switced to html5 trial to see that is my flash problem but clearly my flash working fine.As i said before i can watch videos on other websites.The problem only in Youtube i couldn't figured out yet how to solve it.

I searched my problem on my native language ubuntu forums and it seems some people have the same.One of them solved by using proxy for youtube but it didn't work for me...

Beans

Oh dude, interesting things happening on ubuntu right now...Yesterday i removed all flash and restricted-extras pack then i installed them first restricted-extras then flash.After all completed i checked it and it was not working.Today, morning it was not working too but suddenly now it is working like magic..).i can watch videos now i hope it won't stop working..Thank you all for your helps..