Thread: Need a software devolper and an artist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Need a software devolper and an artist

Hello all of the Ubuntu Universe.

First off i want to say if you help me i will not take any credit for creating this Operating system.

A couple weeks ago i was playing my Xbox 360 and this idea hit me. "what if there was a Linux distro that looked and behaved like the new update of the Xbox 360 os."

Now i have searched for over 2 weeks and found nothing. Absoulty nothing. The only things i could find is how t put linux on a xbox and how to make a xbox 360 laptop.

Now comes the fun part. I need someone that can modify the Ubuntu operating system to work line the Xbox os and someone to make the actual "GUI" (graphical user interface) that everyone will see the moment they start the computer.
    sorry i cant help with more but i can test compatibility with computers because i have a lot of computers.

I'm sure that some people won't like this idea but i think that this can be a very promising distro of linux.

If anyone can help me with this plan, Please contact me ether by replying to this post or messaging me.

Thank you to all even if you don't help

PS. if you do help with my quest, please make it compatible with Bradcom wireless drivers and older laptops ex.Dell latitude d400
    Last edited by joco1500; November 20th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Need a software devolper and an artist

Want me to include the "Join Xbox live" buttons?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No just make it look like xbox os but let it have the bing sercg bar and everything

Beans

Does it have to run Halo?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Everybody has a great idea and wants somebody else to do it for them.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by joco1500 View Post
    ... make the actual "GUI" (graphical user interface) that everyone will see the moment they start the computer.
    What you want is a custom version of GRUB, not an OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Xbmc.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by jakin View Post
    xbmc.
    +1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joco1500 View Post
    Hello all of the Ubuntu Universe.
    Universe here. Don't ask about 42; it's confidential.

First off i want to say if you help me i will not take any credit for creating this Operating system.
    Awesome! So all we have to do is make it!

A couple weeks ago i was playing my Xbox 360 and this idea hit me. "what if there was a Linux distro that looked and behaved like the new update of the Xbox 360 os."
    Well, that would be awful. What would the point be, other than just to copy it's interface, which frankly, would be very poor for anything that you couldn't do on a Xbox 360.

Now i have searched for over 2 weeks and found nothing. Absoulty nothing. The only things i could find is how t put linux on a xbox and how to make a xbox 360 laptop.
    A whole two weeks, and still you found nothing? :O

Now comes the fun part. I need someone that can modify the Ubuntu operating system to work line the Xbox os and someone to make the actual "GUI" (graphical user interface) that everyone will see the moment they start the computer.
    Aha! So what you want us to do is to singlehandly create a DE? Well, it's possible, sure. It will take a while and the end product won't be anything like what you want it to be, but if you're happy to pay I'm happy to make!

sorry i cant help with more but i can test compatibility with computers because i have a lot of computers.
    Awesome! I think your name should be in the credits - "chief tester"

I'm sure that some people won't like this idea but i think that this can be a very promising distro of linux.
    No doubt. Just what everyone needs a Xbox 360 clone that can do very little of what the Xbox 360 can do!

If anyone can help me with this plan, Please contact me ether by replying to this post or messaging me.
    Certainly, I'm contacting you right away!

Thank you to all even if you don't help
    No problem!

PS. if you do help with my quest, please make it compatible with Bradcom wireless drivers and older laptops ex.Dell latitude d400
    Ah, you want us to make sure all drivers work too? That's no problem; once I've finished making the interface I'll get to work on the drivers. Do you like limos or just coms?

Quote Originally Posted by rai4shu2 View Post
    What you want is a custom version of GRUB, not an OS.
    Great idea! Let's replace bootloaders with Xbox 360 interface clones! Ever wanted internet in your grub? No worries, now you can thanks to our patented limo drivers.

Beans
    Hidden!

Previous thread on this same topic closed.

Now this one is closed.

Let us hope there isn't another