Thread: Flash problems in Firefox

Beans

Flash problems in Firefox

So I am having a lot of problems with flash in Firefox. Things are either very slow to load or don't load on multiple site. On my wife's mac the same sites load just fine so it is not the internet connection.

Last night I ran the Flash Aid extension for Firefox, it uninstalled and reinstalled the stable version of Flash and applied some tweaks. Flash ran fine last night. I shut down the laptop and then this morning Flash isn't working again. Is there something I can do to get this to run properly?

Additionally it seems firefox is much slower in loading sites than Safari on my wife's 6 year old Mac compared to the laptop I bought last December. Is Firefox just that slow now? Does Chromium perform much better in Ubuntu?

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: Flash problems in Firefox

No, I have no problem using firefox with flash on multiple machines though I prefer to not use it on common sites like Youtube and vimeo where I can replace flash with mplayer or totem using some greasemonkey scripts. Probably has something to do with your hardware (graphic card?)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdwaugh View Post
    So I am having a lot of problems with flash in Firefox. Things are either very slow to load or don't load on multiple site. On my wife's mac the same sites load just fine so it is not the internet connection.

Last night I ran the Flash Aid extension for Firefox, it uninstalled and reinstalled the stable version of Flash and applied some tweaks. Flash ran fine last night. I shut down the laptop and then this morning Flash isn't working again. Is there something I can do to get this to run properly?

Additionally it seems firefox is much slower in loading sites than Safari on my wife's 6 year old Mac compared to the laptop I bought last December. Is Firefox just that slow now? Does Chromium perform much better in Ubuntu?
    You should try the adobe flash from the ubuntu software center. i was having similar problem with the flash aid extension or d/l google chrome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm a happy Chromium user - I have no problems with Flash

Beans

I previously had the adobe flash from the repositories installed through the software center. It started giving me trouble and so I installed flash aid to see if that resolved the issue.

I was DL Chromium when I left, so I will try that tonight and see if it works better.

Beans

What CPU does your computer have?

Beans

im having a strange issue with adobe flash player in firefox. im running ubuntu 12.04 and when i try to play games on kongregate.com i get a pop up window asking for permission to use additional space which is normal so it can save my game saves locally. the issue is that when i try to click allow it wont register and i cant play my games. adobe tech support suggested i try chrome due to having a native flash player because apparently adobe doesnt support linux any more

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJimmy View Post
    im having a strange issue with adobe flash player in firefox. im running ubuntu 12.04 and when i try to play games on kongregate.com i get a pop up window asking for permission to use additional space which is normal so it can save my game saves locally. the issue is that when i try to click allow it wont register and i cant play my games. adobe tech support suggested i try chrome due to having a native flash player because apparently adobe doesnt support linux any more
    Maybe it is related to this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/865672
    There are some workarounds posted on the link. Hope that helps.