View Poll Results: Relationship between unity affinity and handedness

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am right-handed - Love unity

17 38.64%
  • I am right-handed - I Could get used to unity

9 20.45%
  • I am right-handed - Unity is impossible to get used to!

9 20.45%
  • I am left-handed - Love unity

5 11.36%
  • I am left-handed - I Could get used to unity

2 4.55%
  • I am left-handed - Unity is impossible to get used to!

0 0%
  • I am ambidextrous - Love unity

1 2.27%
  • I am ambidextrous - I Could get used to unity

0 0%
  • I am ambidextrous - Unity is impossible to get used to!

1 2.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unity affinity and your primary hand

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unity affinity and your primary hand

Dear ubuntu forums, please allow me to indulge into a survey to test a theory of mine (Test because I have no way to predict what would happen). This is all hypothetical and maybe the result of the poll is that there is no correlation.
    Last edited by vexorian; August 5th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Unity affinity and your primary hand

I use Unity and Gnome shell the most and know the thread is about unity. I have used E17 regularly which allows placement of docks on all sides. I am not bound to a particular launcher location based on my dominant right hand and often rotate the dock position on all sides when using E17.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

I'm left-handed, and am perfectly comfortable using Unity. I can't participate in your poll, however, because "love" is too strong a word to use for any DE.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    I'm left-handed, and am perfectly comfortable using Unity. I can't participate in your poll, however, because "love" is too strong a word to use for any DE.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat on all counts there.

Being just 13% of the population, lefties are used to living in a right-handed world. If we can adjust to using scissors we can certainly adjust to enjoying Unity.

Beans
    Hidden!

I think that most of the responses will be from people that are right-handed. You will need to take that into consideration when analysing the data.

I don't "Love" Unity, nor do I think it is impossible to use. The laptop that I use most of the time has Unity as the default DE. I use the laptop for browsing, email, video and music, etc., and remotely managing the other computers I have.

If I didn't think it was a usable DE, I would change to something else. I can't say that I could get used to using Unity either, as I am already used to using it.

I am right-handed; so, I guess the closest choice in the poll is "I am right-handed - I Could get used to unity".
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sure, I will have to use proportions. And also wait until I get at least 30 results from left-handed people . Ambidextruous is more of a control.

The real issue here is that it is ubuntuforums, so the amount of people that like unity is at its largest.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I'm right handed, but I'm trying to learn to switch the mouse between hands to avoid CTS. I like Unity so far and use it as my main DE in all my machines. I wouldn't say I love it or would die for it. I don't see much difficulties in the DE regarding the hand I use. Launcher/Dash is OK to me. What I unfortunately couldn't get used to yet is the global menu. It's been a while, I don't think I will adapt to it anymore :\ But I am aware it can be disabled, of course.

Regards,
    Effenberg

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

"I am right-handed - Love KDE"

Beans

Your wording of the choices is pretty bad. As people have pointed out, loving a DE is kind of strange. Also, I could get used to Unity, there are just far better options available for me. You should use more generic phrases "I [like, dislike, am neutral to] Unity."

Then again these polls don't get any kind of useful information anyway, so who cares.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lefty here and where I live the majority of people that I see on a daily basis are left handed. Don't know why. Even old people from back when it was not allowed in school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast