392 32.67%
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Broadcom Wireless cards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: How to: Broadcom Wireless cards

Quote Originally Posted by Tiede View Post
    I followed this to get my broadcom 4318 card to work in dapper (and it worked purrrfectly). Now that I've upgraded to edgy, I'm noticing some odd behaviors: sometimes, it works, well... But then out of the blue, it stops...
    And reboot as I may, it still doesn't work... Then after a while, everything works fine again... Is someone else noticing this?

P.S: I did try (many times to no avail
    Code:
    sudo rmmod bcm43xx
    sudo modprobe bcm43xx
    I think we have the same issue with our Broadcom cards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Is yours still doing it? Mine is showing improvement: it always connects though every once in a while it drops and I have to fire up wifi-radar to reconnect...
    Last edited by Tiede; November 11th, 2006 at 05:32 AM.
    The oldest n00b in the 1337 world...
    I'm all for thinner screens... but how will the tiny people from CRTs fit in them?
    My current desktop for 2009

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Guys, I am putting this in as many threads about the broadcomm as I can. The new nvidia drivers cause some kind of comflict with the broadcom wireless cards. Not sure what happens, but as soon as I unloaded the nvidia drivers, and went with the default drivers the wireless function all of a sudden is working perfectly, and not droppiing out anymore. Just a heads up! And here is hoping that nvidia can fix this real quick, as you cannot use any 3d functions of the card, which means no Beryl and the sorts.

Beans

I've got the firmware installed and almost working...I can see all the networks in wifi-radar, but I can't get an IP from any of them.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jon_herr View Post
    I'm seeing your problem with Edgy...

"bcm43xx: Controller RESET (TX timeout)"

When it happens my keyboard is frozen - my mouse works - but sometimes the only way to shutdown or reboot is a hard reset.

Menus respond but don't do anything.

I'm trying a different kernel.

Jon
    This morning I installed the 7 avahi updates which mentioned fixing a crash. I figured this may solve this problem. Instead, network manager will not connect anymore after entering the key passphrase. The first light goes green and then a wireless connection screen pops up. After entering the correct credentials in and accepting network manager just stops.

Edit: A few reboots later keyring prompted for password and network manager connected successfully. Lets see if things eventually crash again?
    Last edited by eems01; November 11th, 2006 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Update

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hi, I have followed this tutorial but no luck, although the network manager shows up at start up, the only option I have is to enable networking (it does not say wireless networking).

My card is an Asus card with a bcm4306 chip.

Beans

I have exactly the configuration mentioned in the HOW TO. I followed the steps exactly but when rebooting the the boot hangs and only recovers when I delete the extracted firmware from the kernel. nothing seems to work with broadcom and wireless and linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Thanks for the help, it took me a couple of days to get this working. I have a Broadcom 4306 and it works most of the time, but sometimes it just drops the connection. I try doing

modprobe bcm43xx

but that only works sometimes. A reboot seems to fix it most of the time.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

Beans

do the modrobe bcm43xx command and then reboot. It should work after that. Recheck your essid and wep also. Reset your internet connection (router/modem) too as that seems to have helped a few times. It's just a bit tricky.

Beans

Thanks very much for this howto... tried many ndis howto's and didn'y have high ekspects for this nativ driver thing... but now i'm connected

Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast