Page 224 of 287 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2865

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Ha Ha Thanks Tommy, me thinks I got a looong way to go, but certainly understanding it better

regards
    Hazz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yeah you're picking it up as well as the rest of the rest of us have. Everybody has to start somewhere and there is a huge learning curve.

But once you've got it; it's like riding a bike.

I have Linux Mint, Ubuntu and Ubuntu Mate and all three of them are vastly different for some reason. One can not just copy the conky from one to the other.
    Although you can copy one to the same OS and that works. Which is why I offered my Mate conky to you because it took me literally 2 days of tweaking the sizes, etc.

I spent like two days on Mate getting it sized right from copying it from Ubuntu with Unity.

The Mint one I customized a bit with the Mint green LM logo at the top instead of the white Ubuntu one. That took days.... And I cannot copy it to any other install; it doesn't work.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks mate, yeah it sure is a HUGE learning curve, and I also found transferring across 2 different tower boxes although fairly identical same OS's react differently.

Even your one threw some curlys too

But it's been a fun journey and still continuing

regards
    Hazza

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    ....The Mint one I customized a bit with the Mint green LM logo at the top instead of the white Ubuntu one. That took days.... And I cannot copy it to any other install; it doesn't work.
    Solved the Mint logo a few years ago simply by doing this:

Code:
    ##################################
    ##             LOGO             ##
    ## Uncomment to display custom graphic image in place of logo
    ${voffset 32}${image /home/frank/Pictures/linuxmint.png -p 0,-5 -s 300x78 -n}
    ## Uncomment for hard-coded ID (static)
    # ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color0}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 179}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=19.8}${color4}1${offset 3}1${offset 1}.${offset 1}1${offset 1}0${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for soft-coded ID (dynamic)
    # ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color0}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 179}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=19.8}${color4}${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'RELEASE' | awk -F'=' '{print $2}'}${font}
    ####
    ## Additional ID (branch version, code name, release date, etc.)
    # ${voffset -2}${goto 290}${font Ubuntu-B:size=8.5}${color0}15${font}
    Can copy the whole lot to another Mint install as long as I also copy the image to the same location.
    Last edited by aquarius18; May 11th, 2015 at 01:47 AM.
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I really can't explain it or why it seems that the Mint VinDSL conky cannot be copied to another version or from another version but that has been my experience.
    But, I added the conkysymbols.ttf font to get the Mint logo for the top and the neuropol.ttf to give the font for the "Linux Mint" line at the top as well as the fan symbols next to the fan speeds.

Code:
    ## Uncomment for Mint systems)
    ${voffset 32}${color9}${font conkysymbols:size=32}${voffset -35}u${font}${goto 59}${voffset -8}${font Neuropol:size=10.6}${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'DESCRIPTION' | awk -F'"' '{print $2}'}${font}
    ${voffset -32}${offset 120}${font Ubuntu-B:bold:size=7.55}${color4}Conky ${conky_version}${font}
    ####
    Code:
    ##          FAN SPEEDS          ##
    ${voffset -4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}FAN SPEEDS${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font conkysymbols:size=9.9}${color2}L${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}CPU FAN${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan1' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font conkysymbols:size=9.9}${color2}L${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan2' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font conkysymbols:size=9.9}${color2}L${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}FAN3${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1 sensors | grep 'fan3' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 }'}${font}
    Here's a screenie with a field of red flowers and mint green as the main colors with the transparency slightly increased:

Beans
    Distro

Nice one cavsfan, gotta love that field of flowers, and the green shows up really well

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Just fired up and had blanks all over (2015-05-11-2100z), seems that wunderground is down. Anyone experienced the same? Setting is default_wx=w:3

Swapped all over to MSN (default_wx=3) and getting data up though.
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzabin View Post
    Nice one cavsfan, gotta love that field of flowers, and the green shows up really well
    Thanks!

I seem to find myself constantly looking for new wallpapers with the darkness, the colors and the colors of the conky in mind while searching.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius18 View Post
    Just fired up and had blanks all over (2015-05-11-2100z), seems that wunderground is down. Anyone experienced the same? Setting is default_wx=w:3

Swapped all over to MSN (default_wx=3) and getting data up though.
    Using w:1 here and haven't had any problems. Intellicast has UV rays which I am very much interested in.

Edit: I see you were referring to copying from one Mint install to another. I have only one so copying between different Linux versions was what I meant.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; May 11th, 2015 at 10:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Yes guys almost everything as blank as, will try switching to msn

OK up now using w=3
    Last edited by Hazzabin; May 11th, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Page 224 of 287 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast