Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Yay!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just booted into Trusty and all is well again.

Bill
    LINUX Flight Simulator Machine - AMD 8-Core FX-8350 - Antec KUHLER H2O 920 - 32G Ram - Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 PCI/Express 6144 MB - Driver Version 340.76 - Asus VE278 - Ubuntu 64 bit 12.04 - 14.04 - 15.10-X-Plane 10.36rc1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Bwahahahahaha! Wundergound has a sense of humor...

Ppl wanted to know if they had an ETA (on Twitter).

Their answer: http://instagram.com/p/i9U73Dtq5w/

Get it?

Hint: http://help.wunderground.com/knowled...erral-program-
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

That is interesting - happened while we were asleep lol - looks like all is well again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post

Ppl wanted to know if they had an ETA (on Twitter).

Their answer: http://instagram.com/p/i9U73Dtq5w/

Get it?

Hint: http://help.wunderground.com/knowled...erral-program-
    Got it!!!

Thanks bit of something, conky is back - my screen just looks naked without it. Like scraping the face off the head you love
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius18 View Post
    Thanks Cavsfan! Comforting but still inconvenient cos I am *lost* without my conky info

Wunderground gone on strike or frozen to death in this atrocious weather in the U.S. ???

Cheers / Frank

Edit: can't even pull up their website - they definitely are affected by frost bites!
    LoL! I guess it did freeze up! I too see it is back up today though. It must have received medical attention for the frost bite.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hello Paramvir

Hows it all going ? I've been away for quite some time now been looking through the posts, my you've all been very busy!
    We had a break in at our house over Christmas lost my trusty old computer and my external hard drive among other things too in the raid.

Bit sad really, just trying to get back to normal at the moment anyway I have downloaded the latest version, been messing around with it but
    cant find the "astro_forecast" anymore in the /tmp folder also version 0.9.7 is no longer available to download has anyone got the 0.9.7 .deb installer on their computer ?
    would love to have that version again until i learn how to run the latest version correctly.

nice greetings Sean

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hello Paramvir

Hows it all going ? I've been away for quite some time now been looking through the posts, my you've all been very busy!
    We had a break in at our house over Christmas lost my trusty old computer and my external hard drive among other things too in the raid.

Bit sad really, just trying to get back to normal at the moment anyway I have downloaded the latest version, been messing around with it but
    cant find the "astro_forecast" anymore in the /tmp folder also version 0.9.7 is no longer available to download has anyone got the 0.9.7 .deb installer on their computer ?
    would love to have that version again until i learn how to run the latest version correctly.

nice greetings Sean
    Hey foodoo man

Hi Sean - Sorry to hear about the break in !!!

there was never a 0.9.7 version - use 1.0.0 - Version ONE onwards everything was sorted internally in perl - so never needed to write to text file as such. For basics the older config file will work but to add newer goodies you need to update the conkywx.conf to the latest.

See post #1253 which has the config file for version 1.0.0 and modifications to the weather part of the VinDSL template.

let me know how it goes...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I was thinking the same!

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius18 View Post
    Got it!!!

Thanks bit of something, conky is back - my screen just looks naked without it. Like scraping the face off the head you love
    Indeed! All day yesterday I thought my whole system was messed up because conky always works. Sometimes the weather would be gone and other times the whole conky would disappear.
    I felt lost and alone! Got to have VinDSL's conky working or else it just doesn't feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hello Paramvir

nice greetings Sean
    Very sorry to hear about the breakin! Some people are just sad (the thieves)!

Hope this helps:
    The fonts can be found on this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...8#post12807498

Also for Paramvir's new weather don't forget to install gnuplot which will pull in imagemagick.

Best wishes!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Thanks guys,

Ok rolled up me sleeves had a little play and i'm now using the new conkywx.conf and its working just fine,
    I noticed in an older version that two "Magellan" text files were put in the /tmp folder but in the latest version no "Magellan" files,
    can you tell me if i'm missing a template and/or a wrong call-up ?

I'm using the old style of call-up in my .conkyrc looks like this:

${execpi 900 conkywx -c /etc/conkywx/conkywx.conf -t /usr/share/conkywx/examples/wx-wu-vindsl-template.sh}${font}

it works just as well as any other way but i fear i'm missing something so i can get at the "magellan" text files, I was calling some sed's
    for sunset, sunrise, moonset and moonrise times for another conky program.

any ideas ? thanks Seany

Page 133 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast