Page 128 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2865

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Thumbs up Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    I feel we need to make a collaborative effort and get this fantabulous VinDSL templates as part of conkywx and also a wiki to go with that - so when you install conkywx you also get the option of using this template. As per the DEB and other distro installation file formats you cannot mess around with local home directories - we have many work arounds but I feel it will be rather simple to just include all that and since we spend so much time for help desk activities for the template if we have one unified location it will be help full for people wanting to use this template.

People - thoughts on this please...

Yes it was a glitch at the website - website is always there to verify with as that is the data source.

Yes Tommy is correct - it is a simple shell script that installs the font which are archived with the stand alone conkywx.

@suhongdoan
    trust this answers your question as well

cheers

Thank you Paramvir. The issue corrected itself
    shd

Beans

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Conkywx 7 day weather + Gnuplot+font to image!Beautifully!!!All at once!!!Thanks,Param.
    Last edited by dane56; December 18th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Finally got a chance to upgrade to ConkyWX 1.0.0-1. Great job, as usual, Paramvir!

Dell ATG D630 2.6GHz C2D / Peppermint Four Re-Spin OS / Linux 3.12-4 / Conky 1.9.0 / ConkyWX 1.0.0

Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Nice as always VinDSL!

I was just wondering how I use this set of images.

conkywx iconset.jpg

I am currently using these:
    existing conkywx imageset.png

I've tried to find out where they come from but can't get there from here.
    Also the dates used to be date/time. I took off the time because the AM/PM displayed behind the words "Full Moon". I also move the words "Full Moon" over to the left a bit.
    It was displaying "Full Moo" before.

EDIT:
    Never mind about the Am/Pm that appears to display on other Linux versions. So that must be ok.

signed,
    puzzled
    Last edited by Cavsfan; December 17th, 2013 at 08:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi Cavsfan,

Not sure about the weather icon set. Generally speaking, it all depends on whether they're included in ConkyWX, or you're trying to add them to ConkyWX. If they're part of the ConkyWX, it should be a simple matter. If you're trying to add them to ConkyWX, not so easy (if memory serves).

On truncating 'Full Moon' -> 'Full' (my preference), and turning 'Am/Pm' -> 'AM/PM', this is how I handled it:

Code:
    <SNIP>

File path: "/home/username/.config/conkywx/vindsl-imperial-conkywx.conf"

<SNIP>

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  Process these final template changes before showtime
    # NOTE: Be sure to quote the changes in single quotes as shown
    template_cleanup=( 
        'Am:${offset -2}AM'
        'Pm:${offset -2}PM'
        'N/A:${offset 2}N/A'
        '${goto 206}100%:${goto 201}100%'
        'Calm km/h:Calm'
        'Calm mph:Calm'
        'Calm:${offset 8}Calm'
        'Mph:mph'
        'Km/h:km/h'
        '°F:°'
        'First Quarter:${offset -6}First Qtr'
        'Full Moon:${offset 5}Full${font}'
        'New Moon:${offset -13}New Moon'
        'Last Quarter:${offset -5}Last Qtr'
        'Waning.*:${offset -5}Waning'
        'Waxing.*:${offset -5}Waxing'
      )

<SNIP>
    Mind you, this is all preliminary. I haven't had a chance to test practically anything, yet.

I'm doing a fresh install of Peppermint 4 Re-Spin, on my 'new' (new to me) Dell Latitude ATG D630, and I got to the point where it was time to install Conky/ConkyWX.

I'll need to go through all of the scripts and make sure they work with ConkyWX 1.0.0-1 -- spacing, alignment -- that sort of stuff.
    Last edited by VinDSL; December 17th, 2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Addendum
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Hi Cavsfan,

Not sure about the weather icon set. Generally speaking, it all depends on whether they're included in ConkyWX, or you're trying to add them to ConkyWX. If they're part of the ConkyWX, it should be a simple matter. If you're trying to add them to ConkyWX, not so easy (if memory serves).

On truncating 'Full Moon' -> 'Full' (my preference), and turning 'Am/Pm' -> 'AM/PM', this is how I handled it:

Code:
    <SNIP>

File path: "/home/username/.config/conkywx/vindsl-imperial-conkywx.conf"

<SNIP>

#  Process these final template changes before showtime
    # NOTE: Be sure to quote the changes in single quotes as shown
    template_cleanup=( 
        'Am:${offset -2}AM'
        'Pm:${offset -2}PM'
        'N/A:${offset 2}N/A'
        '${goto 206}100%:${goto 201}100%'
        'Calm km/h:Calm'
        'Calm mph:Calm'
        'Calm:${offset 8}Calm'
        'Mph:mph'
        'Km/h:km/h'
        '°F:°'
        'First Quarter:${offset -6}First Qtr'
        'Full Moon:${offset 5}Full${font}'
        'New Moon:${offset -13}New Moon'
        'Last Quarter:${offset -5}Last Qtr'
        'Waning.*:${offset -5}Waning'
        'Waxing.*:${offset -5}Waxing'
      )

<SNIP>
    Mind you, this is all preliminary. I haven't had a chance to test practically anything, yet.

I'm doing a fresh install of Peppermint 4 Re-Spin, on my 'new' (new to me) Dell Latitude ATG D630, and I got to the point where it was time to install Conky/ConkyWX.

I'll need to go through all of the scripts and make sure they work with ConkyWX 1.0.0-1 -- spacing, alignment -- that sort of stuff.
    Hi VinDSL and Thanks for your quick response. I know that you have been very busy.
    I used the above to change my Am/Pm to AM/PM and that worked great.

But, I did like you had done and stripped the time off of the Full Moon and now "Full Moon" displays fine without a need to make it just "Full".

Yet I am still trying to use that icon set. I don't think I am using any of the ones in my picture above.

I do see this in /etc/share/conkywx/conkywx.sh:
    PHP Code:
    set_variables () {

# var_messages

set_config

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------
        # Data constants
        # -----------------------------------------------------------------------

imagepath="$cwxpath/images"

case $wx_iconset in
    )    wp1=01    ;;

2)    wp1=02    ;;

3)    wp1=03    ;;

4)    wp1=04    ;;
        *)    
    wp1=01    ;;

esac

iwxpath
    ="$imagepath/wxicons-$wp1"

imoonpath="$imagepath/moonicons" 
    I'd like to hit that wp1=01 which is the image set I mentioned. Then I would know how to change it to any of them, but I do not see where that variable gets passed in from.

I've enjoyed stretching the mind over this for most of the day and tying to figure it out myself but, I am at a loss for where that one variable comes in from.
    I have not tried to add anything to ConkyWX, so this should be included. I am apparently not using that parameter at this time.

Thanks as always for your time.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I went from Trusty to Precise and have the same image set on all installs. I don't see where they are coming from.

Here is what I have. It's pretty sweet but, I'd still like to know how to change the image set.

conkywx weather.png

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Finally got a chance to upgrade to ConkyWX 1.0.0-1. Great job, as usual, Paramvir!

Dell ATG D630 2.6GHz C2D / Peppermint Four Re-Spin OS / Linux 3.12-4 / Conky 1.9.0 / ConkyWX 1.0.0

Thanks - looking good !!! - with those braces above in the tunnel - how will they drive those fast cars upside down like in the movies huaaahahahahahaha

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I went from Trusty to Precise and have the same image set on all installs. I don't see where they are coming from.

Here is what I have. It's pretty sweet but, I'd still like to know how to change the image set.

conkywx weather.png
    Hello there

This has mention in many places - even in my blog see the conkywx config file also and posts #1152 and #1253

Code:
    ## -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ##  Font to Image - using ImageMagick
    ## convert ConkyWeather font to 3D images - state the colour here.
    ## Use only for Image Templates
    ## COMMENT these options for using in font templates
    ## COMMENT these options for using regular weather images in image templates
    ## Needs Imagemagick installed
    ## to see List of Color Names visit http://www.imagemagick.org/script/color.php
    ## Colour can be stated in any of the following formats - enclosed in single quotes
    ## example for colour *lime* - 'lime' '#0f0' '#00ff00' 'rgb(0,255,0)' 'rgb(0,100%,0)'
    fti_now='#fed577'
    fti_wind='DarkSeaGreen1'
    fti_fct='lime'

You are not alone - even I do not read stuff most of the time - so no worries

the next version of conkywx will be version 2.0 !!!

you will be able to do the following - besides others :
    • give a path to your set of weather images - the naming convention will have to follow conkywx format.
    • new windrose images and also ability to give path to your own set [since you do not want to share your set with us mere mortals] - ehh
    • choose the data units you want to download in - [IM] or [SI]
    • Unicode compliance - required for supporting languages.
    • so many languages to choose from ...
    • every system comes pre-installed with iconv - if not you will need to install it - as part of libiconv i think - you will need to find for your version.
    • fribidi - if you use right to left language [ farsi arabic etc ] - probably already installed if you use those linguas as your locale - or on Ubuntu it is known as libfribidi-bin
    • and much more ...

Most of all I cannot change or install - common human behaviour lol ha ha ha ha ha - the only time and I say again - the only time you realise what RTFM is when you write stuff and no one reads it lol

cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    Hello there

This has mention in many places - even in my blog see the conkywx config file also and posts #1152 and #1253

Code:
    ##  Font to Image - using ImageMagick
    ## convert ConkyWeather font to 3D images - state the colour here.
    ## Use only for Image Templates
    ## COMMENT these options for using in font templates
    ## COMMENT these options for using regular weather images in image templates
    ## Needs Imagemagick installed
    ## to see List of Color Names visit http://www.imagemagick.org/script/color.php
    ## Colour can be stated in any of the following formats - enclosed in single quotes
    ## example for colour *lime* - 'lime' '#0f0' '#00ff00' 'rgb(0,255,0)' 'rgb(0,100%,0)'
    fti_now='#fed577'
    fti_wind='DarkSeaGreen1'
    fti_fct='lime'

You are not alone - even I do not read stuff most of the time - so no worries

the next version of conkywx will be version 2.0 !!!

you will be able to do the following - besides others :
    • give a path to your set of weather images - the naming convention will have to follow conkywx format.
    • new windrose images and also ability to give path to your own set [since you do not want to share your set with us mere mortals] - ehh
    • choose the data units you want to download in - [IM] or [SI]
    • Unicode compliance - required for supporting languages.
    • so many languages to choose from ...
    • every system comes pre-installed with iconv - if not you will need to install it - as part of libiconv i think - you will need to find for your version.
    • fribidi - if you use right to left language [ farsi arabic etc ] - probably already installed if you use those linguas as your locale - or on Ubuntu it is known as libfribidi-bin
    • and much more ...

Most of all I cannot change or install - common human behaviour lol ha ha ha ha ha - the only time and I say again - the only time you realise what RTFM is when you write stuff and no one reads it lol

cheers
    Sorry paramvir, but I didn't have the slightest clue that commenting out those three lines would make it use the image set in /usr/share/conkywx/images/wxicons-01/.
    I'm pretty sure I did see that but, again I do not see how commenting out those 3 lines makes it get the images from the wxicon-01 image directory. That seems to be implied.

conkywx-wxicons-01.png

Is there a way to pass a parameter to cause it to use /usr/share/conkywx/images/wxicons-02/ or the other two? Or are you saying that will come in version 2.0?

wxicons dir.jpg

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cavsfan; December 18th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Page 128 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast