Thread: ubuntu wont boot

Beans

ubuntu wont boot

I just used usb to install ubuntu 11.04 next to Ubuntu. Now when I boot it asks me if I want to boot Windows 7 or Ubuntu. If I select windows 7 it boots fine. If I select Ubuntu it gives me this message instead of a list of kernels to choose.

It says windows has failed to start. this may be due to a recent software or hardware change. insert your windows disc and run windows repair.

File: Ubuntu\winboot\wubildr.mbr

Will not load due to the application being missing or corrupt.

Beans

Re: ubuntu wont boot

So did you select windows 7 when the kernals popped up or did you select ubuntu 11.4 (not safe mode)?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bubbajtj View Post
    So did you select windows 7 when the kernals popped up or did you select ubuntu 11.4 (not safe mode)?
    Well normally it asks if i want to boot windows 7 or ubuntu. If I pick Windows 7 it boots up. If I chose Ubuntu it would then list kernels to choose and then boot into Ubuntu.

Now when I click Ubuntu, instead of showing me the list of kernels it just shows the error I posted above. Then I can go back, and pick windows or reboot.

I selected windows and am on windows 7 right now.
    Last edited by Bluestars; April 9th, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestars View Post
    It says windows has failed to start. this may be due to a recent software or hardware change. insert your windows disc and run windows repair.

File: Ubuntu\winboot\wubildr.mbr

Will not load due to the application being missing or corrupt.
    Bluestars,

The Natty Beta had a bug that kept it from installing properly for wubi installs. It appears that your install was affected by this bug. I do not knows if that issue is resolved yet.

If you wish to be part of the beta testing efforts for Natty, you will likely need to do a traditional dual boot install.

The Hedge

Look at all those flashing lights! I'll take one!

The Ubuntu Forums - our little Global Village