Thread: Evolution mail notification

Beans

Evolution mail notification

Hi all,
    I'm trying to get mail notification to work with Evolution (Lucid Lynx). With the standard version (2.28.x?), there was an option in the settings offering to play a sound/display a different icon upon arrival of new mails- however, that did not work. The appropriate plugins were installed. There were new mails, but the icon didn't change and no sound was played. I updated to 2.30.3, to no avail. It simply won't work. I feel I've already invested a little too much time to solve what I think should work out of the box; isn't there a simple fix?

Thanks,
    Nadino

Beans

Re: Evolution mail notification

Quote Originally Posted by nadino View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to get mail notification to work with Evolution (Lucid Lynx). With the standard version (2.28.x?), there was an option in the settings offering to play a sound/display a different icon upon arrival of new mails- however, that did not work. The appropriate plugins were installed. There were new mails, but the icon didn't change and no sound was played. I updated to 2.30.3, to no avail. It simply won't work. I feel I've already invested a little too much time to solve what I think should work out of the box; isn't there a simple fix?

Thanks,
    Nadino
    Since you've upgraded to 2.30.3, you also need to make sure your evolution-indicator is upgraded as well. I don't know about sound... don't use that myself.

R.
    ==

Beans

evolution-indicator is up to date; that doesn't seem to be he problem.

Thanks anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by hrickh View Post
    Since you've upgraded to 2.30.3, you also need to make sure your evolution-indicator is upgraded as well. I don't know about sound... don't use that myself.

R.
    ==
    The sound notification is what I particularly want. The setting indicates that it thinks it is doing an audio notification, but it isn't. Any ideas?