Thread: Youtube and Hulu again...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Youtube and Hulu again...

Youtube and Hulu have switched to flash 10.0.22, however, their upgrade links take you to flash 10.0.1. At first I thought it was me, but after following every guide I could I have decided the problem is with Youtube and Hulu. Videos on all othe flv sites are viewable for me though. Just to make sure of this, can anyone verify if their results are the same.

Beans

Re: Youtube and Hulu again...

Quote Originally Posted by NewDisciple View Post
    Youtube and Hulu have switched to flash 10.0.22, however, their upgrade links take you to flash 10.0.1. At first I thought it was me, but after following every guide I could I have decided the problem is with Youtube and Hulu. Videos on all othe flv sites are viewable for me though. Just to make sure of this, can anyone verify if their results are the same.
    Possible partial solution: I'd suggest finding a different Flash source. I'm running 10.0.45.2 (64-bit), and YouTube works fine. I can see the advertisements on Hulu just fine, but the actual episode content never starts -- the video frame stays a black box and the Play button is not able to be activated.

Hulu and the like have generally not worked for me on Ubuntu (firefox) but always does on WinXP (firefox). Even tweaking the browser identification string doesn't help.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Yeah you should update to a newer version of flash. flash 10.1 does NOT offer hardware acceleration for linux and MacOS and someone on slashdot said that it was slower than 10.0.45.2 onl linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

BadgerKid, my results are the same as yours. Hulu plays the ads just fine then I get a black screen. Last night I went to http://tv.clicker.com/ and was able to watch a tv show with no ads. Goodbye Hulu! Too bad about Youtube however. I am using the same version of flash as you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Youtube works in Chromium but not Hulu. I think 10.0.45 is the version number for the flash installer not the version of of flash itself. The latest flash should be 10.0.22 according to what I have found, but I don't think it has been released for linux yet. If someone has other info regarding this please let us know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by NewDisciple View Post
    Youtube works in Chromium but not Hulu. I think 10.0.45 is the version number for the flash installer not the version of of flash itself. The latest flash should be 10.0.22 according to what I have found, but I don't think it has been released for linux yet. If someone has other info regarding this please let us know.
    10.0.45 is the flash version, which has been replaced today by 10.1.53.64 and had a critical vulnerability.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I updated flash today from 10.0.45.2 to 10.1.53.64 and full screen was back to fast slide show. Reverting to 10.0.45.2 gave me my decent full screen again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Oh, is that what we are calling it, fast slideshow? haha, I just called it laggy.
    Is that my issue then? 1080p is laggy for me, when not in full screen and only on google chrome; firefox works just fine.
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Fight Club
    I have this condition. ~ Memento
    A young girl believed in the brain in a vat theory. And when she tried to get everyone to believe her, they didn't and she was sad.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Oops! Sorry about the mix up on version numbers but after several days of going around with this, my brain is frying. I tried an Ultimate Edition DVD and both YouTube and Hulu played. I said ah-ha and installed it. HULU plays but now YouTube has failed again. I am really getting sick of flash and I don't understand why both sites played while using the live DVD but not the install.