Page 264 of 390 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3891

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Hi Everybody

Hope you like it here, it's a good place.
    Don't touch the Linux hat!
    Linux user #572109

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Back To Linux

So, after a few years of going back and forth between Windows and various versions of Linux, I have decided that now would be a good time to introduce myself. My name is Kale Freemon, and I made the decision to dual boot.

Here's why. I love Linux, but I also love Windows (love being used very loosely). And whenever I switch from one to the other, I, at some point, find myself wanting to go back because there is something that I find very useful on either system. Therefore, I have decided that, instead of going back and forth with clean installs every few months, I'd just use both systems. If I need one, I'll use that one. It helps that I recently upgraded to an SSD and have a 3TB external drive.

So, I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro alongside Xubuntu 14.04. I am happy.

I hope to be a value to this community, and that this community may be of value to me as well.

I hope everyone is doing well today also.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome Back Kale_Freemon ! Moved to introductions.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks FH and thanks Kale_Freemon for revisiting. We will always do our best to help and anyone that can help is welcome here.

Have a good one, enjoy the learning curve, the OS, and the community.

Beans

This is a kind of "introduce your self" at school so what am I supposed to write here? ... K let's play:
    I'm a programmer, sysadmin, sky-diver and salsa dancer who has been using ubuntu for 8 years, yes, when the Dapper Drake becomes available and I still have a live DVD of the server version . Previously I have used Debian for one and a half year. Since then I have a constant need to open a terminal and let my scared fingers dance ...
    Currently using 13.10 Saucy amd-64 desktop (I don't find the proper time to upgrade to 14.04), with Unity (I really hate Unity and I love Gnome instead but that will be my next goal with the forum) in a Dell Inspiron 3521, 6GB RAM, 128 SSD and I love how fast my ubuntu boots

See ya!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thank you Bucky Ball and Frogs Hair for the warm welcome! And thanks Frogs Hair for putting this in the correct forum. This forum is kinda big and difficult to navigate. I'm use to smaller forums.

And welcome luilver!

Beans

I'm a new Linux user

Hi,

Yesterday, I decided to throw windows off my computer. Finally!
    I'd windows 7 home premium running on my laptop. I was getting crazy because it was very very slowly.

So I decided to install the newest version of Mint. I'm very happy with it, it's much faster then my windows 7.

RIP BILL GATES

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: I'm a new Linux user

Hi arno-dewijngaert and welcome to Ubuntu forums,

Glad your happy with your new install mint is a very nice distro- but you may want to join their forum also and let them know how much you
    enjoy:
    you can find their forums here.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Merged with the welcome thread.

Welcome, arno-dewijngaert.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Post Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello Ubuntu world..

I took the dive last week when I purchased a new laptop, it came pre-installed with Ubuntu and not Windows8..
    After having a new niggles to start with due to a clash with the IP on the new laptop and an exisitng bit of kit on the network, every thing is now running sweetly. I've even managed to install a couple of my 'must have' windows apps using wine.

Page 264 of 390 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast