Kubuntu

Re: Who's your favorite singer?

Karen Matheson.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans
    Hidden!

So many worthy of mention! So many genres to consider!

Mrs Lisati wants some recognition, but does being told to mention her count?

edit: Karen Carpenter is definitely worth a mention.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Wow, I'm about to go pretty much the opposite from anyone else here. I have to name a few since they all pay respect to their respectable genres.

Jay-Z - A rapper that has never written down a rhyme. Seriously, he just makes things up off the top of his head, makes it rhyme and then performs it in concert, it's ridiculous. Plus the only musical artist to ever have more number 1 albums is the Beatles, he just beat out Elvis and The Rolling Stones.

Christina Aguilera - One of the most incredible voices I have ever heard with such a wide range. She got her biggest break when she got picked for the Milan soundtrack for her ability to hit the high E over middle C note that nobody else could seem to do at the time. Since her debut album she has started to have a more hands on role with her albums and as a result she has worked with famous producers like Scott Storch and recently worked with DJ Premier, one of the top producers in the industry right now.

Dido - There's something about her voice that sounds so soft and relaxing but is still very powerful and delivers quite a message. She is also a musical genius, she holds formal education in 4 or 5 instruments including the recorder, something I never thought could actually produce good music. She actually plays most of the instruments on her album and records them one at a time, editing them together in post-production.

Keb' Mo - A Blues singer that was playing when I was in a store one day. I liked it so much I asked the employees who it was and have loved his music ever since. He's got such a great flow and amazing voice with a load of energy behind his music. I honestly don't dislike any of his songs and that's rare for an artist.

So ya, if I had to listen to any vocalist it would likely be one of these four.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

amy lee, she rock
    Futurama is back !!!

Beans

One of mine was Dean Martin. Another one is Rod Stewart and Kim Carnes. Sorry, like those voices they have especially when Kim does the Bette Davis Eyes.

Tom
    Debian Testing and Debian Stable
    Hp Pavilion a1440n,GeForce 7300LE,2.0GB mem,250GB HD. Asus A53S Laptop running MX-18
    Ubuntu user Number:#31469, Linux Registered number:511570

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

David Bowie!!!!!

Beans

You get three guesses...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RiceMonster View Post
    I thought he was a producer?
    Negative, he sings in Iron Maiden as well as being a solo artist

I'd probably say Amy Lee although Steve Perry is a close second

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by speedwell68 View Post
    Bruce Dickinson.
    He is number 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Maheriano View Post
    Wow, I'm about to go pretty much the opposite from anyone else here. I have to name a few since they all pay respect to their respectable genres.

Jay-Z - A rapper that has never written down a rhyme. Seriously, he just makes things up off the top of his head, makes it rhyme and then performs it in concert, it's ridiculous. Plus the only musical artist to ever have more number 1 albums is the Beatles, he just beat out Elvis and The Rolling Stones.

Christina Aguilera - One of the most incredible voices I have ever heard with such a wide range. She got her biggest break when she got picked for the Milan soundtrack for her ability to hit the high E over middle C note that nobody else could seem to do at the time. Since her debut album she has started to have a more hands on role with her albums and as a result she has worked with famous producers like Scott Storch and recently worked with DJ Premier, one of the top producers in the industry right now.

Dido - There's something about her voice that sounds so soft and relaxing but is still very powerful and delivers quite a message. She is also a musical genius, she holds formal education in 4 or 5 instruments including the recorder, something I never thought could actually produce good music. She actually plays most of the instruments on her album and records them one at a time, editing them together in post-production.

Keb' Mo - A Blues singer that was playing when I was in a store one day. I liked it so much I asked the employees who it was and have loved his music ever since. He's got such a great flow and amazing voice with a load of energy behind his music. I honestly don't dislike any of his songs and that's rare for an artist.

So ya, if I had to listen to any vocalist it would likely be one of these four.
    JayZ has never held a chord in his life. He is a good rapper, but not a singer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast