Thread: Cairo Questions...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cairo Dock Questions...

Hi. I've tried all three docks (Cairo, AWN, and Gnome-Do). My favorite is by far Cairo, but it just doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to... Or maybe I just don't know how. Here are a few things I'm noticing;

It's impossible to change the color of the plane. No matter what I do (unless I change themes, and then I can't get my desired icon style back), it stays silver. Is it supposed to be possible to change the color?

Yesterday, I had it so that it would always be visible as long as there were no windows open, and if windows were open in full screen, I wouldn't be able to see it unless I put my mouse at the bottom. Today, however, it seems that it either has to be completely visible or completely invisible during window browsing; no auto hiding, no matter what I do.

The "curve" view doesn't look curvy like I see in the previews and screenshots that others upload; it's simply a normal looking, rectangular plane with curved icons. Is this normal? The ones I see appear to have curved planes as well...

Any ideas???
    Last edited by Topher88; July 14th, 2009 at 11:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Cairo Questions...

Hmmm... Okay, think I figured out the color thing... Have to get rid of the background image first. Sorry for the N00b question, lol. I feel dumb... I guess that solves the curve problem, too... But the thing about hiding still stands.

Beans

Re: Cairo Questions...

maybe there are some conflicting options ? like reserving space for the dock and wanting to make it hide on fullscreen windows.
    Check in Accessibility for such options.