Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Hi FalkTX!

I tried what you said: I first commented the line where <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">synaptics</merge> was written
    in the /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/11-x11-synaptics.fdi file. But when I tried to see if with that my issue was resolved, it still gave me the same problem...
    Then I issued the command sudo apt-get remove xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, and once again tried to see if the issue was resoved, but nothing...
    I'm am using Karmic 9.10 and QtSixA 1.0.4... And I'm using a laptop... not a ps3...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBC View Post
    I'm am using Karmic 9.10 and QtSixA 1.0.4... And I'm using a laptop... not a ps3...
    That's weird.
    I do run Karmic 9.10, QtSixA 1.0.5 (not released yet), 64bit.
    Are you running 32bit?

Anyway, this is weird. This never happened before...
    I'll install a Karmic 32bit in VirtualBox and try to see if I can get this issue

Beans

Update: v1.1.0 Beta (PPA Only)

Changelog:
    * Fixed some issues related to creating a new profile
    * You can view a FULL list of possible keys now
    * Removed update info at startup
    * Added "Show warnings" option, which will show:
    - No bluetooth dongle detected -> no bluetooth support
    - Running PowerPC[32] without Legacy enabled
    * Configuration file:
    - Now in ~/.qtsixa instead of ~/.qtsixa/qtsixa.conf
    - Uses yes/no instead of 0/1
    * Sixaxis Profiles can now use spaces
    * Added new devices to notifications:
    - Bluetooth dongles (*all*)
    - Generic USB Joystick (0079:0006)
    * Supported new device: Generic USB Joystick (0079:0006)
    * Fixed display bug when 2+ USB joysticks where connected
    * Fixed sixad-raw crashing X
    * Some other small fixes
    * Marked release as Beta (PPA only)
    Released as beta because I always forgot something...

I've tested QtSixA under a 32-bit VirtualBox and the Sixaxis Profiles worked just fine (except for mouse, due a VBox bug).
    So the "returning numbers" bug should only be caused by 3 things:
    1 - Broken profiles (The new PPA update will come with a try-out for this prob, please test it out)
    2 - "Toogle L3/R3..." thing option is messing with something (please test this option on/off)
    3 - A recent Ubuntu update broke the whole thing (try booting a clean LiveCD/USB and just install QtSixA without any other updates)

I was also thinking of supporting more than just Sixaxis... But, nah, not right now.
    I added the "Generic" joystick one because some Sixaxis imitations use that device ID when used on a PC.

Final 1.1 will come soon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Tested 1.0.4 on ps3, ds3, 9.10, Gnome and Firefox profiles. L3 works as mouse with x and o as left and right click, but other buttons do not seem to respond. In Gnome keyboard mode: R3 scrolls, other buttons return 1-9, ', +, and select returns nada; this is slightly different from 1.0.3. In Firefox keyboard mode: R3 scrolls, other buttons return 1-7, "89", ', w, "delete" and +; in Firefox app, R3 can't be toggled off, always on as a scroller; in gedit, R3 can be toggled off, when on scrolls up and down, but returns tab and q instead of left and right scroll.
    Last edited by ps3mhome; November 25th, 2009 at 11:26 PM.

Beans

Everytime I apply the sixad driver on hidraw device I get "error on send_event" all over terminal. It was working fine just earlier today. I'm actually using a third party PS3 controller, so qtsixa just sees it as USB since it requires a separate dongle.

I tried it on my other PC, I would get the same error, then the x session would crash and some message about maximum joydev.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Davidhal View Post
    Everytime I apply the sixad driver on hidraw device I get "error on send_event" all over terminal. It was working fine just earlier today. I'm actually using a third party PS3 controller, so qtsixa just sees it as USB since it requires a separate dongle.

I tried it on my other PC, I would get the same error, then the x session would crash and some message about maximum joydev.
    I noticed that bug too.
    I've fixed it already and an update is coming soon

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ps3mhome View Post
    Tested 1.0.4 on ps3, ds3, 9.10, Gnome and Firefox profiles. L3 works as mouse with x and o as left and right click, but other buttons do not seem to respond. In Gnome keyboard mode: R3 scrolls, other buttons return 1-9, ', +, and select returns nada; this is slightly different from 1.0.3. In Firefox keyboard mode: R3 scrolls, other buttons return 1-7, "89", ', w, "delete" and +; in Firefox app, R3 can't be toggled off, always on as a scroller; in gedit, R3 can be toggled off, when on scrolls up and down, but returns tab and q instead of left and right scroll.
    So it's just the keyboard that is not working right.
    Let me prepare the update and then we'll see about this

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    I noticed that bug too.
    I've fixed it already and an update is coming soon
    Great! Keep up the good work, can't wait to be able to play emulators with my gamepad in Linux

Beans

Update: v1.1.0 is here!

The changelog is pretty much is same as the beta, just fixed notifications and some other small stuff.

The webpage is now "complete" (could be better, but it could be worse too...)
    http://qtsixa.sourceforge.net/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ps3mhome View Post
    Let's take care of this problem now.
    Can you update to QtSixA 1.1.0 and check if this is still present?

Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast