Thread: Problem retrieving updates

Beans

Problem retrieving updates

I tried using synaptic to update the following packages but I get the following error:
    Anyone else having difficulty reaching repositories?

Beans

Re: Problem retrieving updates

Go into System -> Administration -> Software Sources and switch to another server.
    In the world of Linux, who needs Windows and Gates...

Got most of my golden beans at an auction on eBay (with a couple of free drinks).

Beans

Thanks, taurus. I've tried a couple but they're not updating. I managed to locate deb's and manually install everyone except libpostproc1d_0.cvs20070307-5ubuntu7.2_i386.deb and I'm having difficulty finding it on any of the servers in the server list. Maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow.

Beans

Same problem here.

Sit tight and wait for it to be fixed.

Beans

Same problem at 1746 pdt. Swithced to denver server and then back to usa server and the upgrades went through.
    Last edited by rosswmcgee; March 17th, 2009 at 01:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I too received this error, it has happened before a few times. I did what Taurus did, and switched from ubuntu.media.mit.edu server to the "MAIN" server, reloaded depository and the problem is fixed. Must be a delay somewhere in the system for certain repositories getting updates.
    P4HT 3.6ghz/G31T-M motherboard/2 GB DDR2 RAM/nVidia 9600GT 512MB PCI-E/WD5000AAKS 500GB/ST3750528AS 750GB/Ubuntu 10.04/Desktop/Server

Beans

I think I'm good. I used the "choose best server" feature, which then decided I didn't need the ffmpeg file updated, and then I chose "Server from United States" and then it worked. I guess the us.ubuntu.com or whatever it is is up now.

Beans

I think I'm good. I used the "choose best server" feature
    Yes, of course you are good. The world, however, is considerably bigger than the US of A (not meant as a criticism, folks - just a fact).

The updates came through after being assigned their proper sources - Medibuntu.