Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mendeley for scientific papers management

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mendeley for scientific papers management

Solution for update: use the Jaunty repository in Karmic. I read this suggestion on some place I dont remeber. Before this I had removed all packages related to Mendeley on synaptic.

But proram continues very slow. Both on linux and windows. In this $ystem its lost the connection with server and crashes. Now tryng on Karmic and waiting contact from support.

Thanks, bye.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

for me update went smoothly. I just did sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade. I am using this repository deb http://www.mendeley.com/repositories/xUbuntu_9.10 / . It is for 64 bit Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Well, I'm migrating to Ubuntu for good. I want to make this system work in a science environment where everyone else uses either Macs, or M$.

Mendeley 0.9.6.3 works. Its best feature is to watch folders, where it grabs the pdf, and automatically creates a reference, slots the file into the directory structure, which I can then sync with my web account. It also references acceptably with OO.

Awesome.

Bibus seemed pretty decent too, but I think it's Mendeley for me.

Beans

Too bad their EULA is restricted. Use Referencer instead and you will not have any problems in the future with all your documents. And if you got any problems, you at least have the sourcecode.

Apparently, to use Bibtex, you don't have to re-export your mendeley collection to .bib file everytime you make a change:

You can also cite and create bibliographies in LaTeX documents. Mendeley Desktop creates a BibTeX file for your entire library, for each collection or per document. The BibTeX file(s) are updated each time you make a change to your personal library in Mendeley Desktop.
    The citation keys are automatically generated in the format [AuthorYear]. You may edit citation keys manually by enabling the “Citation Key” field under Options (Document Details tab). Then you can edit citation keys under the Document Details tab in your library.
    Haven't tried it yet but it seems promising.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by peutch View Post
    Apparently, to use Bibtex, you don't have to re-export your mendeley collection to .bib file everytime you make a change:

Haven't tried it yet but it seems promising.
    It works quite nicely. I have "collections" for each manuscript that I'm working on and just add new documents as necessary to the collection, the .bib file is updated.
    Earlycj5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I was worried that it was not open source but when I compared its effectiveness and flexibility with the others - there was no competition. So I am installing it. Ill see how it goes.
    Seanbw
    www.erpphd.wordpress.com (proposed phd site)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789