Thread: Windowing Issue - Cant Click Some Parts Of The Window

Beans

Windowing Issue - Cant Click Some Parts Of The Window

Hey All, I am having a very strange windowing issue that just started a few days ago. At first I thought it was just WINE apps, but then I noticed Discord was having the same issue today.

Basically here is what is happening. When a program is ran and than Maximized to full screen, only like 2/3rds of the top left of the window I am able to click on, the other right and lower bottom section of the window, when you click it, it just goes straight through to the desktop. So essentially only what the program originally popped up as I am able to interact with. So if say the window loaded up at 1600x900 pixels and I then maximized it to 1920x1080 pixels or larger. I can only interact with 1600x900 pixels of that window.

My System: Ubuntu 24.04LTS - GNOME - Wayland

Any ideas on what has happened or how I can fix this?

EDIT: Come to think of it, this all started when I was playing around with the Desktop Fractional Scaling.
    Last edited by kinderfeld; May 22nd, 2024 at 06:08 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Windowing Issue - Cant Click Some Parts Of The Window

Support, not chat. Thread moved to Desktop Environments.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: Windowing Issue - Cant Click Some Parts Of The Window

OK I have identified the issue and seem to have fixed it.

It has to do with Fractional Scaling.

When I was playing around with Fractional Scaling, I had set the scaling back to 100% before turning off FS.
    To fix the issue I had to turn FS back on, set scaling to 150%, then turn it off again. This time without setting the scaling back to 100%.
    Which for some reason, despite defaulting back to 100% anyway, it is now fixed.

So this is most likely a bug with how the scaling settings is being written back to the settings file it uses. At least that is my assumption without bothering to dig any deeper.

Note, this seems to only affect non GTK4 apps. Like Discord and programs running in Wine or Java based stuff.

Anyhow, hope this helps for anyone else that runs into the issue.