Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Street Team Has Started

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu Street Team Has Started

I'm planning to go to a rather wonderful music festival this summer and would be delighted to spend some time being a bit evangelical. How would we set it up?

Beans

This is a great initiative! I'm looking forward to see the impact of your efforts! Good luck!

Beans

Is this sponsored or in any way condoned by Canonical?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bkerensa View Post
    The Ubuntu Marketing Team is defunct.
    Good to know. Perhaps it's off-topic, but what does Ubuntu do to market itself without a marketing team?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Sounds like an awesome idea.

But what happens if it doesn't work/has problems? On people's computers. Point is, I didn't read this over too quickly, skimming here and there, but in addition to LiveCDs, you should also include a little pamphlet or something with information. Basic setup stuff, "What is Ubuntu?", some post-install tips/overview, a few perks of using Ubuntu, as well as links to the Ubuntu site or places like here where they can get help and find out more. Simply passing out LiveCDs could be really good, but they need something more to know exactly what they're doing, why it's good, and where they can get help if they need it.
    I am what I am because of who we all are

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Triblaze View Post
    Sounds like an awesome idea.

But what happens if it doesn't work/has problems? On people's computers. Point is, I didn't read this over too quickly, skimming here and there, but in addition to LiveCDs, you should also include a little pamphlet or something with information. Basic setup stuff, "What is Ubuntu?", some post-install tips/overview, a few perks of using Ubuntu, as well as links to the Ubuntu site or places like here where they can get help and find out more. Simply passing out LiveCDs could be really good, but they need something more to know exactly what they're doing, why it's good, and where they can get help if they need it.
    Yup you are correct on this.

so In my spare time I go to stores in the area and give them a couple of cds and also all the information that they could use including ubuntu advantage.

As A far as some updates on the team. I have gotten 2 more people that go to alot concerts and they are willing to hand out 5 per-show (that is all I can give them).

Web site I have not touched in a little while as I have been super busy with other things.

I would like to say that I am happy that this has been picking up over the last couple of days.

Please keep in mind that Ubuntu Street Team is not out to take things away from loco teams. We want to help loco teams by giving them information that only can be had by people that have been doing this for years. Or that have lived a CC life style and know how to hustle (in a good way).

Please also try to keep in mind that the Ubuntu Street Team has no structure no leaders and if you would like to be a part of the Ubuntu Street team, then you are already.

If anyone is going to shows and need live cds and or some perk-packs just give a pm message or put it here and I will try too get back too you asap or someone else from the team will thanks again and summer is coming and This means that it is time to go to some shows and have fun.
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Question Re: Ubuntu Street Team Has Started

Adding flow charts on how the system works

Rough 5 Year Plan

Getting Ubuntu into stores Model

Working with Loco for events

Getting Ubuntu into public areas in the USA

If you think that you can fill any of these roles please by all means contact me.

Other news we are working on picking up new stores working very close (as we can) with the Whole Ubuntu Community.

Thanks for any interest

Joseph
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by danceswithcats View Post
    I'm planning to go to a rather wonderful music festival this summer and would be delighted to spend some time being a bit evangelical. How would we set it up?
    If you are still intrested there are many ways to do this but the best is to either pm a list of show that you are going to or. write it here. I will then call all the locos(and others) in that area and try to get supplies and people too join you. Thanks for you interest in Ubuntu Street
    Last edited by josephmills; June 2nd, 2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast